My home town and surroundings

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

My home town and surroundings

Post by kyria »

Just jumping in on the sharing of hometown and surroundsl, especially for Jen too, I hope it cheers you up a little, coz you said you really wanted to see some pics. I hope you haven't left yet :cry: still praying hard darling *kisses*

Ok .. Sorry there are so many pics, but I did narrowed it down to these few, from so many more. And heaps more I cannot remember what discs they are on.

All the pics are of my home town or only 5min - 15 min along the coast from me. I love my southern coastal life. My edge of the universe.

My Bro surf fishing at our local Williamsons beach

Kilcunda is the most amazing little beach villiage, 10 min back to the west of Wonny.

Mouth of the Powlett River 5 minutes from home.

My front courtyard, with favorite lemon scented Gum tree, nice and secluded and safe to take my babies out into.

A walk along Harmers Haven, the beach at the end of our road.

Me on the edge of my universe at Harmers Haven

and if you are interested in seeing some pics of around my home town and cape paterson here is a link:-

http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/wonthaggi/photos/

Anyway I would love to have shown you SanRemo the little fishing villiage at the base of the bridge to Phillip Island but I can;t find the pics and I think I have bored you with enough pictures already.

Oh here, I found a link to a net picture

Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Oh WOW! That puts my photos to shame! Beautiful Angie! You are so lucky :shock:
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

no no .. we all live in extremely beautiful places .. when my friends come over from the US I would love to bring them over to NZ .. especially seeing is Lisa's hubby is a Lord of the Rings freak. :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Well if you ever do come over, you MUST come visit us!

*runs off to tidy the house* :wink:
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

*giggle* your a funny one.

Got a perculator and a good vanilla creamer and I am THERE baby! (note: of course I would come visit, how could I miss the opportunity to meet Dats face to face) .. Oh and you and hubby too .. of course Chamon

.. *evil grin*
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I wish I wasnt a welfare child and had the cash to fly all of us to a locale for an IRN convention to meet. God, that would rock!

I swear, if I had the money... I would so do it. I could probably get all the regulars here or somewhere but ya'll would have to take on the lurking members lol.

*sits dililegently trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents*

Ok, ya know what... this never works. :?

B E A U T I F U L pics... Ya'll wait til spring... I'll show ya some pretty pics! :wink: Brazilian wax please ma'am *giggle*
~ Mikaela Sky

julie

Post by julie »

very nice pics.i miss the beach i will have to take photos of some kangaroos and black cockatoos in my part of the world.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

OMG!

Black cockatoo.... my dreeeeam bird.

I have to get rid of the ol man though because I cant have both. He cant tolerate noise yet he married me? Lord have mercy. He obviously was thinking with his other head.

I AM LOOOOUD. But Im sure ya'll done been knowned dat HA! Hoked un fonix werkd fer me!
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Me too Mikaela .. I saw a pair and got to have them land on me at the breeders I got both my IRN fids from. The red tailed black cockatoo, omg!!!! what an graceful, gentle but large bird that is. And the intelligence in their faces just beams like you could not imagine. If I had a cool $7,000 to $10,000 I would buy one no worries. Nothing like the noisey screechy mean sulphur cresteds.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

julie

Post by julie »

the flock that flies around here some have red and some have yellow on them.they get up in the trees and drop pine cones on ya head i swear they line you up.
Mahuska

Post by Mahuska »

I don't believe in Palmist or fortune tellers but when I was a sprout, had someone tell me I would live ouside of the States until I check out. That kinda stuck with me over the years and I always seem to be attracted to New Zealand, like I am supposed to be there. Kinda weird feeling. And now I have these pic's to make that fortune teller seem on the right track :wink:
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Uhm, I'll be right there. You got a spare house for me right?

I'm so moving in... just beautiful!

As much as I want to travel though, honestly, even 3 days away from home makes me crazy. I miss my babies, hubby, and even those kid things once in a while ;)

Athena
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

WOW!! :shock:
Here is everythig white, because of the snow :?
That was so beatiful!!
Mahuska

Post by Mahuska »

:oops:
replied to the wrong post, not that I don't appreciate Australia and would really like to visit, just have NZ calling
Twinkelstar

Post by Twinkelstar »

OMG! it's so beautiful :D
natalie

beautiful

Post by natalie »

What a great place. So clean :shock: Where is everyone!!!!! Whats the local population??? Nataliexxxx :)
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Ed Loschi

Post by Ed Loschi »

WONTHAGGI

What a great name. Your pics of your homeland are lovely; and thks for the link too. Are you in the Chamber of Commerce?
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Wonthaggi has a population of around 6000 - 7000. And the Bass Coast Region, which is basically all of the South Gippy Coast is only 28,000. We have alot of tourists summer though.

But as in Alot of coastal victorian area's you can always!! always !! find a secluded beach. None of our beach area's are populated with shops and condo's. Just small community style surf shops and milbars come fish and chip shops.

San Remo is a quaint tourist strip, but still small and country by any standards. Phillip Island also the same. And I love ! it just like that. No Gold Coast for me , no way , no thanks.

Developers are starting here though :evil:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless