A new addition, and first post.

Moderator: Mods

SleepyGargoyle

A new addition, and first post.

Post by SleepyGargoyle »

Ojai! 11 months old sex unknown. I have had Ojai since s/he was 6 weeks. Very independent but loves to be talked to. Ojai makes happy little chirping sounds when I do pet him/her. Ojai is also starting to learn how to talk now. I am not sure what mutation to call Ojai... I know s/he is a lacewing though.

Hurley Bird! (yes I am a LOST fan :wink: ) Hurley is a Turquoise can't really tell from these photos...

I just got Hurley today. As you can see he has some feather issues. His previous owner thought it might be because he was next to a breeding pair. She thinks he was frustrated because he wanted to mate too. He is just shy of 4 years old and is no longer tame. He seems to be a very curious little guy. All her other birds showed no interest in me but he would go to the closest part of the flight cage to me no matter where I was standing. At the moment he is in the corner of his new cage in the corner closest to me staring me down. :lol: He let me had feed him tonight so hopefully taming will go somewhat smooth.
However because he spent so much time alone he does not know any words. Can older birds learn how to speak? Any tips on feather plucking? :D
Shane7285

Re: A new addition, and first post.

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi there

they are some nice looking birds you have there.

As for the mutation, this following site calls it a Grey Rainbow, or Grey Parblue Lime. click on this on the right menu.

http://www.thomasriver.co.za/ringnecks/

As for the plucking, I think you need to figure out why he has been plucking, then you can figure out what to do to fix it.

Regards

Shane
pinkdevil

Re: A new addition, and first post.

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to our little bird mad community.

I agree, you do have beautiful birds.