Can i own RingNeck In India

Moderator: Mods

Ramakrishnan

Can i own RingNeck In India

Post by Ramakrishnan »

Hi.......

I have registered in this forum today only. I love this bird very much. Can any one tell whether Ringneck is lt banned in India.

regards
R.Ramakrishnan
Lauren
Site Admin

Re: Can i own RingNeck In India

Post by Lauren »

Hi there, Perhaps you can try looking up your local animal laws? I have heard that Indian Ringnecks are regarded as pests even in theyre native land, but then I have heard that they are sacred? So Im really unsure. Sorry I cannot help you.
(Im also just going to move this over to the appropriate area of the forum)
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

I know this is kinda late but why would you want to own a ringneck in India? I mean I only own one because we dont have them around here. I saw some really cool videos of how they fly in large flocks around India and they just come up to people when they feed them. So maybe if you just throw some grain everyday in a specific place they'll come. At least then you get to see them up close and personal but you know your not caging them up.

If i was to live in India, our Echo would be a free man, to come home as he likes :lol:
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

Just because people have that species in the wild in their country doesnt mean they wouldnt want them as a pet.
having a pet bird can be because they love them, want to interact and want to have them as their friend.
i live in australia and i own cockatiels, budgies and quails even though they are native here.
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Steady. No need to get so hostile. I was just saying that it would be nicer for the bird if it could be given the opportunity to fly about its native habitat. Rather than sitting around in 4 walls the whole day.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

i was not being hostile.
but if you get a handraised IRN then it would be used to people and being in a cage
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Yes you're right but i think if it were me, I might let my bird go anyway. Just to give it a taste of freedom you know. OR if i was living somewhere where there were parrots n I wanted one wild one, I'd put up a nest box or something on a tree in my garden and scatter food everyday. That way, the birds kinda living in but at the same time he's free to come n go :D