Male/female behavior question

Moderator: Mods

Omnicromm

Male/female behavior question

Post by Omnicromm »

Hi Guys i hope all of you are great!!!! well i have a question, i tried to search in the forum for an answer but since i did not find it i am going to ask it here!!! :)

the thing is my Guys/Girls (i dont know the sex) are showing some rare behavior, since the last december the started to perform the male show off from one cage to an other (they are separeted because some time ago they were very agressive to each other pin eyes and nasty bites) but this month they are performing the female show off too!!! both of them!!!!

so one time one of them perform the male dance and the other do the thing that females does with the head up, other times they exchange papers to do this!!!! and other times both of them perform the same from cage to cage, is this regular? they are around the 15-18 months so there is no ring yet if one of them is a male, but my question is: is regular for teen IRNs perform both male and female behavior? or could be one of them doing it and the other one is coping? by the way the one how started with the male dance hardly perform the famele behavior and the other one perform both of them in regular basis

my question is not becase i think they could be sick or something is more a curiosity :P

Alex
bec

Re: Male/female behavior question

Post by bec »

yep its perfectly normal our skeet who will be 2 in august gets labeled gender for the day depending on the behaviour one day skeets doing the girl thing & shes a she that day i call her pretty girl & good girl
the next day he doing the male dance at me like im the hottest girl birdie on the block then skeets a boy as you can tell by reading what ive written im just as confused as anyone is
they do eventually grow out of this
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

yep I agree with Bec.

My guy has been DNA sexed as a male, but does the female thing with the head back and eyes pinning.

Regards

Shane
Omnicromm

Post by Omnicromm »

Thanks for the answers!! its so great to see how they are evolving and discover something new everyday!!!

Alex