Urgent pleas help

Moderator: Mods

Bryan

Urgent pleas help

Post by Bryan »

My budgie has a spider in his feathers(under his wing) how do I get it off, Pleas help I have tried opening his wing but the spider moves to another place fast, I also tried giving him a bath but that did not work any suggestions????? Help pleas

A fine cage won't feed the bird.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Oh no!

I have no idea how to help Bryan. If you have any mite spray I would try that. What kind of spider? How big? Good luck!
-Chamon-

Jade

Post by Jade »

Maybe its one of those dust mite things. I thought I had spiders in my lounge chair but that's all it was. You can buy a lice and mite spray from any pet shop. I use one that has a picture of a cockatiel on it. I think its 'Anvet' brand - sorry, not home at the moment and can't look. I use this on all my birds if they have had contact with the wild birds coming it. Its great stuff and really works. It sprays out in a fine mist - just don't get it in your bird's eyes.

Good luck
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Hey, it’s definitely a spider and it’s very big. I will try him with the mite spray but I will try him in another bath. Thanks so much for your help I very much appreciate it, people on this site are so caring even for other peoples birds.

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

and by all means let us know how it goes.. !!
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I was just about to give him a bath when I decided just to make sure that the spider was still on, well guess what NO spider :) :D :lol: Well that I can see I checked through out his feathers and could not find a thing. I’m so happy I still gave him a bath and now he is soaking wet drying off in front of the mirror. Thank you so much for your support and if I find that the spider is still on I will let you know.

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

SO glad to hear it. I would still look into getting some lice/mite spray and giving your birds a good once over with that. It cant hurt.
Jade

Post by Jade »

You'll probably find your little birdie friend evicted the spider him/herself!! I found Chook this morning on the window sill, chasing a fly. He got it too. He didn't eat it, just pecked it until it lay at his feet and then he threw it off the window sill like a bit of rotten fruit.

Still, get some of that spray. Its also good if they start chewing on their feet or scratching for no discernable reason.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Thanks guys I will get some lice spray. :)

Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I was wondering what type of bird is the orange one in the Photo (is it a sun conure?)