Buying an Indian Ringneck and need some help/info

Moderator: Mods

IndianRingy

Buying an Indian Ringneck and need some help/info

Post by IndianRingy »

Im going to buy an Indian ringneck this week. Its 7 weeks old just got a few questions.

1. Do i have to hand feed at this age? (if so what can i feed it at this age)

2. Im going on holiday for 1 or 2 weeks in about 2 months time. Is it ok if im not here for 1 or 2 weeks and another family member will be looking after it in that time. Is that ok since the bird is going to see all family members everyday even when i am at home.

3. What are dangerous foods for indian ringnecks and do they eat meat?
Shane7285

Re: Buying an Indian Ringneck and need some help/info

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi

congrats on getting an IRN. I only got mine a week ago, so I'll help where I can.

1. I'll leave this to the more experienced people on here.

2. I think that should be ok, as long as the other family members interact with it outside the cage whilst you are gone. Just make sure they spend time with it between now and then too.

3. I know Avocado, and apple seeds are the main things to watch out for. I have heard that a little bit of chicken is ok for protein too. Not sure on any other kinds of meat though.

Hopefully someone else will come along and add more to this.

Shane
bec

Re: Buying an Indian Ringneck and need some help/info

Post by bec »

i have 7 week old bubs they are eating hand rearing formula , egg & biccy mix mushed fruit & veges and are starting to test the seeds out
shanes right about the avacado & apples seed there is a whole post on what to feed your irn & what not to onions & mushrooms are also toxic
here is the link
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=3063
hope this helps