Rainbow Ringneck?

Moderator: Mods

brent17

Rainbow Ringneck?

Post by brent17 »

Hey everyone!

I've just bought a IRN which I have been told is a Rainbow Morph...
Does anyone have any pictures of rainbow morph IRN's? I haven't seen a pic of them anywhere...

Thanks
Brent
I love jks
ian1

Post by ian1 »

Not the answer I'm afraid but this site has most of the colour permutations:

http://www.thomasriver.co.za/ringnecks/
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

We would love to see a pic of yours.
Allie
Fah

Post by Fah »

Heya there,

The term rainbow is similar to skyblue, or silver.. they are nicknames for longer / more proper mutation combination's.

Rainbow is actually a Pallid Turquoise (either blue or grey).

Hope that helps.
brent17

Post by brent17 »

Hey everyone I'll post some pics as soon as possible

@Fah: With those mutations are they a combo of most of the colours? My IRN has got green yellow blue and white in it and the strange thing is it's almost as though its a result of mating a blue white green and yellow which confuses me because the biggest combo i've seen is a combo of two mutations? Sorry I'm relatively new to IRN's so if i sound a little niave just excuse me for it :lol:
I love jks
lewi111

Post by lewi111 »

Hi Brent----if you go to the link that ian1 left an have a look thru the pics----you will see a pic of a rainbow.Apparently its a common name for another mutation (which escapes my memory right now)
Fah

Post by Fah »

I personally prefer this resource. Its one of the best places to see visual representations of most of the common and many of the less common mutations.

You can have several mutations in the one bird. We had a Violetblue Cobalt Pallid-ino (was so rich in colour you would have said it was a clear-headed mutation)... now technically thats blue, violet, cobalt, pallid and ino in the one bird :P I am sure there are many examples of more than this.

I have never heard Rainbow being called anything else, but it wouldnt suprise me, many people make up names / use incorrect terms because its easier than remembering something new.

This.. and rainbows come in many different shades of these colours (as the turquoise mutation in them is a varied mutation.. different in effect in most birds) is an example of a 'rainbow'.

Lacewing / Lime are really bad terms for the true mutation, as they do not reflect the mutation they are being called... Lacewing and Lime are older terms for Pallid.

Similarly... pastel/parblue are older/other terms for Turquoise.

The owners of thomasriver ringnecks really need to update their site... as its confusing for many newer people to the indian ringneck world. But you cant teach an old dog new tricks I guess.