urgent, urgent, pelase, i need a fast answer from breeders

Moderator: Mods

leo

urgent, urgent, pelase, i need a fast answer from breeders

Post by leo »

hi, it is a question from a friend
how much baby ringneck eat per feeding, in ml...
the baby is 31 days old...
according to my friend, he feeds the baby untill he refuse to eat, which is 10-13 ml, the corp look tight...so he stop

a little urgent, thanks

the baby is always be sleeping, excapt when he is hungry and hear my friend voice...reason of pulling out is...the baby was rejected by the parents when he is 25 days old...do not the reason and he is not expiriance in hand rising the baby

is 13 ml per feeding, 4 time a day is enough?

urgent, please help...thansk alot
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

A general rule of thunb is 10-12% of body weight in mls. So if the baby weighs 130 grms, then aprox 13 mls. This is just a rough estimate only.

As long as the crop is full looking and not too tight then it should be fine. A "spongy" feel to the crop is another indication that some breeders use.

Is there any food left in the crop at the next feed? If so, how much?

The crop should empty competely at least once/day, usually overnight.

I weigh the chick once a day, first thing in the morning BEFORE the first feed to get the weight.
leo

Post by leo »

he is totally new to this
the baby eat 18ml when he was 27 days old...
but it drop to jus in 2 days

i will ask for the pic and post to let you judge if it is healthy
this might be my bird, may be if i decided to buy him over...thk pink, thanks alot
leo

Post by leo »

here is the pic

this is taken right after hand feeding of 12 ml...
is it too small?
thnask alot
guys...please help
thansk alot
bec

Post by bec »

cro0p looks great beautiful bub leo!!!!
floridamedgirl

Post by floridamedgirl »

what a sweet little bub! looks healthy in my opinion!
"Wally" IRN Male DOH 3/8/09
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

What a cutie!

The crop looks fine to me.

Is your friend testing the temp of the food with a thermometer? My guide book says temps should be around 40.5°C-41°C, (105-105.8° F) but within a range of 37.7°C-43°C, (100° - 110°F) is ok. I personally would not go as hot as 43°C. I have found my babies won't eat if the formula is too cool, but don't make it too hot or crop burn can occur.
Keeping the formula warm during feeding will help keep the temp. Standing the formula in a bowl of warm water will help do that.
It is amazing just how fast the formula will cool down from the first mouthful to the last, even when in a syringe.

If your friend has only just aquired the bub, it could be a little stressed and needs to settle in before it regains its appetite.
leo

Post by leo »

thanks alot guys...
he is eating really well last nite, i feed him 15 ml, but this morning was a very cold mornign as it is raining

the baby refuse to eat at 3 ml, but i manage to feed him really really slowly. i drip the food in to the mouth and let the baby slowly swallow it by him self, i do not dare to force feed...

i went there really early this morning...
If your friend has only just aquired the bub, it could be a little stressed and needs to settle in before it regains its appetite.
he required the bub on last friday, 17 july

i say in youtube baby at his age have a huge apetite, is it varies from 1 and another>?

thansk alot
leo

Post by leo »

i bring the baby over and if he survive,i will then pay him the price...
im naming him tango...
julie

Post by julie »

leo wrote:i bring the baby over and if he survive,i will then pay him the price...
im naming him tango...
if it survives :roll: make it so the poor baby survives.
Have you got a brooder to put the baby in for the really cold wet mornings that you described???
leo

Post by leo »

yup, i used a closed fishtank and i put it ar the middle of the house, i think the weahther will not affect it much that way...he eat much better this morining

just curious, why a mother abandon the baby in after 25 days after hadr work of taking care of it?
bec

Post by bec »

i dont know why these things happen leo but i had the same ting happen with my pair last year at 21 day the parents just stopped feeding the young & you know how well skeets doing these days ....you can do it keep us posted
leo

Post by leo »

may be weather ? its a bit cold overhere...the wind is strong and cold in the evening...

anyway, the baby is doing alright...the body is covered by feather already...
about 5 weeks old,hatch on 20th june
i feed him 4 times a day, converting to 3 times a day...
i feeding time is ranges form 13-19 ml..

if the formula is made a little thin, the baby will eat more and digest faster, if its made thicker, the baby will eat lesser, about 13-15 ml

he is already learning to get used to harness...
1 thing that bothers me is that, he is very spooky...if i take picture with flesh, he will jerk a little, if i come and open the door, he will hiss before realising its my hand

he is the most spooky amongst all the baby i ever had/...
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hey Leo, glad bub is doing well. :)

I guess a bright light from nowhere like a flash, would be a little scary for a baby bird.

If you think about it, in the wild, the chick wouldn't be exposed to a great deal of light as they would be tucked away in their cosy, dark, hollow log. The only thing they would see would be parents and siblings.
My babies are what I would consider to be timid whenthey are young, even when I raise them. It isn't until they are quite feathered do they build up a bit of courage.
So I would imagine it would be quite scary for the little fella. :)
leo

Post by leo »

hi...
i posted some of picture at picture section
http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7937