do IRN's prefer either a male or female

Moderator: Mods

jennamarie

do IRN's prefer either a male or female

Post by jennamarie »

hey i've had my IRN for just over 2 months now and when i bought him i was in a relationship with someone and he absolutly adored my boyfriend and would run across the cage to get him and let him stroke him and everything. However now me and my boyfriend have broken up and he hates me! he bites me every time i go near him and runs at the cage to get me, its really upsettin because he's my bird!
I've thought that maybe archie is a female and prefers males more but does this apply to IRN's and if so what am i going to do? he hates me :( it feels like all i can do with him is feed him and watch him :(
My Bird is my Best Friend !!
Archie - Blue IRN
DOB - 22/02/09
Bella

Post by Bella »

Alot of people say birds prefer owners the opposite sex but its not true AT ALL my ringneck billy LOVED me at 1st but now prefers my partner so has bonded with both male and female.

It just depends of the person.

Your fid probably had a bond with your ex partner and chose him as their mate. Maybe in time he will start to bond with you and see you as his mate, Try giving him some treats and win his trust. Good luck :D i hope he comes around.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
julie

Post by julie »

Was there a particular way that archie would respond body wise to your ex ? . I talk to spike and she assumes the flirt/mate position :oops: she doesn't do it to anyone else.
jennamarie

Post by jennamarie »

he always used to make a noise like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNFQCMaahMU, i recorded him because i didn't know what it ment and he'd run across his cage to get at him and clucked when he was stokin him but he wont let me near him! if i'm honest it made me so jelous becuase he's my bird haha
Archie - Blue IRN
DOB - 22/02/09
julie

Post by julie »

I think your birdie might be a female. I will get a video of how spike acts towards me, I will try to do it tonight.
jennamarie

Post by jennamarie »

aww so archie is now going to be archina haha, well do you think that she will ever like me or is it just goin to be like this from now on haha i really want to hve a close relationship with her but she just seems to want to attack me when i go near her, come to think of it though she mostly behaves like this when in her cage or sitting on top of it is she just becoming terrtorial, but she can be nasty away from the cage too haha is there any hope haha
Archie - Blue IRN
DOB - 22/02/09
julie

Post by julie »

I have the same problem with spike, she only let's me pat her when she is flirting with me. She is also very cage aggressive, off the cage she is ok.she screams if I go near indie too. I'm going to try and work with spike to fix her problems.I wouldn't give up on archie just yet , there may still be a sweet heart in there , just need to find a way to connect with her.
jennamarie

Post by jennamarie »

i wont give up i just feel like i'm jumping away all the time i no you shouldn't do it but she's bit me so many times now hehe, o well i can only keep trying
Archie - Blue IRN
DOB - 22/02/09
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Yea, keep on working. This will take time to have Archie accept you.