Skye wont let Ani eat...

Moderator: Mods

SkyBaby

Skye wont let Ani eat...

Post by SkyBaby »

It's not like Skye's simply not letting Ani get to it when he's eating, but more like Skye will climb down from the play gym just to chase Ani away and then climb back up. I know this is Skye being territorial and the dominant bird, but when will he let Ani eat? Will he ever let Ani eat? Should I go out and buy a totally different kind of food dish, one that neither of them have seen before? Will that change anything? Right now, they're sleeping side by side. They're not huddled up, but they're not totally avoiding each other either. Thanks folks!
julie

Post by julie »

maybe try getting a container (doesn't have to be anything flashy) and putting some food in it and moving it to the opposite side from the original bowl. See if Skye stops Ani from eating from both. If it keeps going you may need to feed them seperatley for a little bit .
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

julie wrote:maybe try getting a container (doesn't have to be anything flashy) and putting some food in it and moving it to the opposite side from the original bowl. See if Skye stops Ani from eating from both. If it keeps going you may need to feed them seperatley for a little bit .
Thanks I'll try that. :) Skye let Ani eat today, but when he wanted, some, he then climbed down and chased Ani away. Anakin got to eat it for a whole 8 minutes though. That's a start ^_^
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

That's def greed from Sky, lols. They are like dogs! :lol:
bec

Post by bec »

riku was the same when i had to put him in the cage with pickle because he felt itr was his cage pickle wasnt allowed near the food bowls my solution which worked for these two was to put 2 of every kind of food bowl in the cage mand make sure i filled the bowls riku was closest to first then filling the bowls on the other side of the cage once riku was fully occupied on his bowls it worked with these guys
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

bec wrote:riku was the same when i had to put him in the cage with pickle because he felt itr was his cage pickle wasnt allowed near the food bowls my solution which worked for these two was to put 2 of every kind of food bowl in the cage mand make sure i filled the bowls riku was closest to first then filling the bowls on the other side of the cage once riku was fully occupied on his bowls it worked with these guys
Great tip, Bec. I will try to remember.
bec

Post by bec »

i had plenty of practice with sorting out jealousy problems before i had birds
with 2 daughters