size recommendation for Avaitor harness?

Moderator: Mods

floridamedgirl

size recommendation for Avaitor harness?

Post by floridamedgirl »

Hello all,

My IRN is 11 weeks old and Id like to get him an aviator harness.

Im having trouble on which size to get him though?

The petite is for 75-110 grams
the xsmall is for 100-190 grams

Average (full grown I think) size for an IRN is about 115g from what I gather.. but again, Wally is 11 weeks.

Im not sure what Wally weighs but Im thinking the petite size? I know he is young but he is 'plump' lol. I just got him a week ago yesterday so he hasnt been to the vet yet for a 'once over'. but lets just say he eats very well haha! :wink:

Recommendations would be very helpful!
Thanks
Jess
"Wally" IRN Male DOH 3/8/09
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Sounds like fun lols! Hm, Buy petite possibly. :?
floridamedgirl

Post by floridamedgirl »

Yeah I keep going back and forth..
The petite size says its for cockatiels and small IRNS.. but when comparing a cockateil, the IRN is significantly bigger so thats why I lean toward the next size up.

I sent the company an email to see if I could exchange it should it not fit properly, but considering the chance of disease among birds, Im not sure they would do any exchange on a harness that has touched my bird.

I guess I could buy the petite and if it doesnt fit I can always sell it to someone with a teil or ebay it :(
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

I think I have x-small. Good luck!
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

floridamedgirl wrote:Yeah I keep going back and forth..
The petite size says its for cockatiels and small IRNS.. but when comparing a cockateil, the IRN is significantly bigger so thats why I lean toward the next size up.

I sent the company an email to see if I could exchange it should it not fit properly, but considering the chance of disease among birds, Im not sure they would do any exchange on a harness that has touched my bird.

I guess I could buy the petite and if it doesnt fit I can always sell it to someone with a teil or ebay it :(
So then try xsmall, Person above me has it. :wink:
floridamedgirl

Post by floridamedgirl »

I talked to one of the people at the online store and she also suggested the xsmall so I ordered it today!

Ill let you guys know how it goes... lolz

My baby is a little nippy and spoiled so Im sure this will be a treat trying to get him used to this.. but I figure, he is 12 weeks, better to start now than later right>?

Jess
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

You should be fine. :wink: