Billy and Bell the Quaker Parrots I had ...

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Billy and Bell the Quaker Parrots I had ...

Post by kyria »

Some of you may remember when I got my pair of quaker parrots Billy and Bell, they came across from Adelaide SA.

I didn't have luck breeding them, billy was tamer than bell, but I wouldn't separate them just to have billy as a pet, I got them as a pair. So, I gave them to the local breeder, on the condition that, he give me the first hand raised baby, or if he didn't have success and didn't want the pair anymore, he give them straight back to me.

I called him the other day to say hi and to find out how they were, only to hear from him that somehow he lost bell, :cry: , so I was ready to ask about Billy, and taking him back. But ..

He gave Billy away !!! Gave him to a mate who wanted him. OMG .. are you kidding. This was a $700 pair, a blue and a green, and it was my billy and bell. I didn't know what to say, I just came out with, "Don't you remember me asking you to give them back if it didn't work out for you?" he just said in a really blazay voice "Ah well I had to get rid of him, and remembered my mate wanted one, so I gave it to him". I was lost for words, finished the convo up rather quickly and hung up.

I really tried to do the right thing by the pair, and the breeder, giving him a free opportunity to raise some quakers for himself. I dearly loved them and wanted the best for them as a breeding pair. My god I could kick myself now.
:cry:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

That is so disgusting. How can someone do that to another trusting bird lover???

This is a perfect example of why I am not that trusting of many people.

I hope that Billy is being well looked after. Sorry to hear abour Bell. :(
bec

Post by bec »

omg!!!!!!!! im so sorry for your loss
i dont know what else to say
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Thanks Pink , yeah bec, neither do I really.. its just something I will think about and regret for a long time to come. Lesson learnt :x :(
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

leo

Post by leo »

OMG, did not really believe this kinda of thick skin human being exsist...
i would guess he probably sold him off instead of loosing bell and give a way billy...

why dont you insist him to get billy back from his mate...and i guess you have to be give a hard rock persistance to deal with ppl like him
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

I thought about that, but it wouldn't do any good. I would probably just end up getting angry with him, I guess its as I said, I learnt a lesson, I should have kept them to begin with.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless