New bird

Moderator: Mods

TD

Post by TD »

I agree with the previous post. If Leo didn't care about his birds, then he wouldn't be coming to this forum for advice.

Best of luck Leo.
leo

Post by leo »

we are not your mother, decide...
yea, defenately, im not asking eather i should get the bird because i lost tango, like what fah said, i ask about the quality of bird...dont you want to get the best possible baby...
i come with the prob of the baby condition, as i thik there are alot of breeder that can give sugesstion, like julie wories ont he bird nostril. breeders and old time owner will have much more espiriance and easily spot up odd thing on the bird...that why i come here to check weahter the baby is okay...

im not asking you guys to decide, im just seeking help for me to make more accurate and better decision

thanks pink and kyria, thanks for the advise and +ve view of me
the cage is not open top, its lock is very simple 1, but i modify it in to friction lock that is very inconvenient to open...

yup, i have a very adventurous tango, he learn thing and trick very fast since he is flighted. he observe and learn where i keep the food, what i do and what would let him off from training when he is not in the mood very quickly

the chinese herb thing, yup, kyria was right, it was made up from ginseng, ...kind of mashroom, and bla bla bla, all in chinese name, but all is for human consumption. he even eat it in front of me to ensure me.

it is not seeped in to the nose, but because of it is very sticky, it dye the skin if it is touched...

i posted earlier, this baby leg is far darker in yellow then the rest...this baby actually went in to the herb...

he return my deposit, then ask me to bring home the baby, and give me warentee of 1 month. if the baby died in the month and the ringneck die of the food, instead of other accident, he will give me 1 baby for free...

i come to larn that he was bird trainier and breeder in our national bird park, jurong bird park, it is a world class bird park...and he suply the baby to there sometimes...and the herb, is something that his father formulate as his father is a chinese phisician who was crazy on song birds. he also sell the herb solution to breeder in high price as it bring the mother in to breeding ondition far faster than normal, and the baby usually are very healthy with higher hatch and mortality rate...

its what i skop out from him last nite when i went to take the baby. i name the baby bingo...

thanks kyria and pink
o ya, this bird escape again, i will sure come to post the fact again, like what i did...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Good Luck .. keep us posted on how it goes
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

leo

Post by leo »

hi kyria, thanks alot

bingo doing really well, he will chase me around with his wing flaping, i guess he going to take off soon...

hmm, yesterday morening, wheni was playing with him, i see his right nosetrill(the hole) cover by kinda membrane. semi transpatant membrane. so i took a toof pick and tear it off...

then this mornign, i see the membrane again...is it some thing to be worried about?
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
julie

Post by julie »

leo wrote:hi kyria, thanks alot

bingo doing really well, he will chase me around with his wing flaping, i guess he going to take off soon...

hmm, yesterday morening, wheni was playing with him, i see his right nosetrill(the hole) cover by kinda membrane. semi transpatant membrane. so i took a toof pick and tear it off...

then this mornign, i see the membrane again...is it some thing to be worried about?
leo

Post by leo »

????
leo

Post by leo »

the black colour thing on the nose have pealed off...
nowhe is learning to eat and fly already...very bonded, and active,climb all over the cage...

can i clean the feahter with warm water and tissue paper?
the breeder tell me he cant be cleaned, but he really stink,...

o,another concern,when i put apple for him to learn to eat,he will bite a big chunk and swallow it, should i let him do that?
he learnto eat seed and fruit well,but never touch the pellet and vegie, is there anything i can do to makehim eat the veg and pellet?
thanks alot
thanks alot
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Is everything ok :!: :?: , Leo post pictures of the new bird & make sure the pictures are just as new. :lol:
leo

Post by leo »

yup,i was trying to post,now loading the photo bucket. my internet connection isnot very good. i got the budget 1...

he already understand his name, when anybody call his name,he willget crazy and climb all over the cage,including the top bar...and hanging up side down...

then he gona just let go the grip and bumb....
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Are you sure its a male, Why so tempted to call it a male? :?:
leo

Post by leo »

u mean why i called "him/ he"
hmm, jus sound better to me,all my fid i call he... :D
i hate calling them 'it' sound so dead... :D
and yea,i likemale better,i like the ring,but i love tango super alot even she is female....

how about yours?
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

I call it a bird.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Leo are you asking if you can bath the bird ? Some birds like to bath, so supplying a bowl for them to bath in can be good, mine don't seem to take to it so I spray them with a spray bottle until they are rather wet all over, they love it. They shake their feathers and hold out their wings, then preen preen preen until they are dry and clean as a whistle.

I use to take my fids into the shower with me (i wore a t'shirt for them to feel safe on my shoulder) they loved that as well.

If your bird stinks, spray or bath it, the bird will do the rest.

I hear you about the he thing, it just seems normal to call all birds he .. maybe for the others on the board you could type it like this s/he, that covers both.

:D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

It doesn't matter.
leo

Post by leo »

hmm, sorry, i tried posting the pictures, but the photo bucket was really lagging...i will try again tomorow...

hm, thanks for the advices, i mean, cleaning for the unweaned baby...
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

I was once told- "All birds are he's, until proved otherwise".
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Leo, Can you post pictures of the bird, How is it? :P
leo

Post by leo »

hi everyone...
i just wana inform that bingo had died long ago

julie, you are right, the bird was sick, but i regrat not to see it fast enough...

on 25 april, he started flying...he is so happy and try to always fly to me...he already know his name...every morning i will call his name and he will squak and ready for food...

his was losing weight, i thought it was okay as he is fledging
on 26, he discharge some water through his nose, that day was a very cold day, i thought he was just having a little flu,...

on 27, when i call him in the morning, he did not reply, i jump out form my doom, but he was okay, only no sound, cannot make any sound...
i make the hand feeding formula and feed him as usuall...
then i found out that he could not swallow the food...by the midle of the day, he already hounching and keep closing his eyes....i did not know the bird can become that sick in such a short period of time...

i took a half day off and take him to vet...
the vet say he got severe throat infections...this throat infection and eye infection is actually attacking babies and weak adult and baby bird in my area...

the vet give him a night to live, and bingo died the next day...
i was to blame for the death and for not seing it early...
bingo also had spread the infections to one of the other bird. a parrotlet. he become very sick after a few days of bingo death. then die in a few weeks after....

too many death

huwever, now i have make sure my house is clean from the infections, we clean all the cages and the whole apartment after every death...

im getting another lutino baby end of this week...
julie

Post by julie »

leo wrote:hi everyone...
i just wana inform that bingo had died long ago
huwever, now i have make sure my house is clean from the infections, we clean all the cages and the whole apartment after every death...

im getting another lutino baby end of this week...
sorry to hear you lost another one.
how do you know that the disease your bird had is gone from your place? I really would not recommend getting another one so soon.
leo

Post by leo »

sorry to hear you lost another one.
how do you know that the disease your bird had is gone from your place? I really would not recommend getting another one so soon
because, after bendy died, which is about 8 may, we cleaned the place with some detol sprey(imnot sure weather u know detol, however,it is a brand that produce soap, detergent,anti-septic, and cleaning agent that is used in the hospital. this sprey is also used in vets

then when i went to the bird shop, the shop keeper recoment me an expensive bird infection cleaner(cost me almost 100 buck).
he said, infection have to be cleared by this sprey.

recently, 3 days ago, i wentto vet tocheck up all the fid at home...they are perfectly healthy and i also asked about the sprey, he said, the detol better...i dono how true it is,but it makes me feel cheated

and the illness has been 2 months ago...so i think it should be fine right?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Leo, Im am sincerely sorry for your loss. You've been through alot with Tango. Im wishing Tango is safe.

A new bird cannot replace the love lost. But can bring you a new love. Im sorry this one didnt work out.

As others have said, a padlock is a good idea! When Jibby was under 2 years old, we padlocked his cage too, as he'd always get out of the cage and into the cockatiels cage at all hours of the night and terrorizing the poor tiels. The padlock helped alot! Yep birds are capable of opening cage doors. I doubt they can pick a lock though!
We also lost a cockatiel that escaped. It was no ones fault. Sometimes accidents happen, and they can happen more than once! All we can do is do our best and learn from mistakes.
kyria wrote:I have been reading this thread and it seems like Leo is a little misunderstood. We all know how clever these birds are, we have all had times when we could have lost them to the wild, or had an accident happen to them, not through neglect but through lack of knowing. We learn from mistakes, thats the way the world works.

It seems Leo was just concerned about the new babies skin and feet and wanted some advice on this. I also don't think that chinese medicine is "anything" like steroids, more like a natural vitamin/mineral boost, much like the stuff they boost seed and pellet mixes with but in my opinion the chinese medicine would actually be far more natural than those used in our culture.

We all care about our babies, we worry for other fids in the world and where they end up, and that the owners know what they are doing. From what I see of the vids and the way Leo has come to us for help I am sure he cares and loves these birds and I feel he simply had one very clever, very adventurous fid on his hands.

If we give him the right advice and support (as in pinkdevils post for example), I am sure he will not lose another bird. We can help him, making him stop and think is a good thing, but judging him and telling him that because of one mistake he can never have another bird and shouldn't come here for help isn't right.
Agreed!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Im sorry just missed the date of this thread. I havnt been around much lately. Soo sorry. Wow Leo, sounds like you've been through alot lately. :( *Hugs*
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
leo

Post by leo »

thanks lauren...
yu,i have got a pad lock for the new baby i have...

for the last died irn, it was ery very sudden,...like this night he is still frying around and was healthy, the tommorow night, he was in critical condition, fighting with death, but he lost....

it was indeed a heart breaking sight...

thanks alot
o,wish all the best for your coming baby!!must be very very excited
Omnicromm

Post by Omnicromm »

Wow what a history at some point i felt like i am reading somethings that is about my country the people see the birds like animals and says the animals lovers are stupid!; sellers that does not care about what they are selling and sells sick birds like nothing, rare breavages that only kill birds (that happens a lot here with the amazons they get from the wild); anyway good luck Leo,

now i am concern about my guys coul scape from their cages, they are not going to go out if they do that BUT they are going to find my chow chow that is going to be the worst.

tomorrow morning i will go to some store to buy something to lock and secure all the doors at their cages!!! i was so sure before read this that they are unable to open their cage, now i am not so sure!!!

Good Luck

Alex
bec

Post by bec »

leo im sorry for your loss
good luck with your new bird
Omnicromm yep irns are very smart & will not only break out of their own cage but will help others escape to i lost count of the times riku got out of hes cage then let the others out
Omnicromm

Post by Omnicromm »

Yes i now i am understanding it, well i bought does things you use to lock lockers and cages i dont know the name in english, so i place it in all of the doors so the only way to open the food or main doors is with a key!!! now i will feel confortable letting them alone when i start to work again in one week, is like an horror movie to think that they scape and find my chow chow at the living room!!! :shock: no now i know the only way to open it is with a key!!!