jenny s

toy question

Post by jenny s »

what sort of toys should i get bertie

he never plays with anything and only chews cardboard rings

any ideas what i can get him to stimulte him
Fah

Post by Fah »

Even the least interested bird with toys will generally go for the leather / wood toys or the little wood fibre / paper rings you can get.

I have one guy who really doesnt care for anything unless its something from the above. Some birds are very fussy when it comes to toys, others take a long time being weaned onto them, often if they have gone for a long period of time without them.

Rope toys (with maintenance) that hang, leather strip toys that hang, rope perches (with maintenance), natural looking wood toys etc.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yep, maybe try a shredder roll toy? some leather strips? Find some natural toys. I have 2 fussy birds too.. they seem to like the vine.. eg. http://myparrotshop.com/hanging-toys/fine-vine-swing-large/prod_333.html

My jibby has never really been into toys, except his toy bell which he fell in love with before he got his wife.. lol.. but every now and then I catch him playing with the natural toys. But never if Im around.
Lola on the other hand, loves her noodle balls, you might find them in the childrens toys section. I picked them up for 2 dollars.
Some birds are stubborn lil creatures. But after spending hundreds on toys they would never even touch, I found that even the simplest cheapest items can amuse them! That would be right huh! :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year