Skye's silly antics...

Moderator: Mods

SkyBaby

Skye's silly antics...

Post by SkyBaby »

Are male birds more talkative than the girls? Just in terms of the amount of natural birdy noises they make througout the day? Skye has been chattering and whistling and all sorts of cute sounds for past like.. 4 hours straight. He's been sitting out here on his play gym while my husband and I do stuff on our laptops.

He said hi a good 6 or 7 times today!! He said hi for the very first time while playing with my sister when I went and visited my folks last month and I missed it!! He said it about 3 times in 2 minutes earlier this morning. Then 3 times just in the last few minutes. I whistled the 'you-hoo' whistle to him. He imitated, that too! Not quite the whistle, but he's getting close. It's so funny!!

He isn't real shy either. He used to always run whenever someone would walk up to him and he'd be lower than chest level or so with them. He was on his play gym and the highest perch on his play gym comes up to mid-thigh for me. One of my husband's friends from work came over to visit yesterday evening. He climbed down and played with this little whiffle ball cat toy type ball. One of his favorite things to do is roll it away and go chase it down. Well, he rolled over right by our friend's foot, and our friend gently kicked it back and Skye rolled it right back to him and they did this like 5 times!! because of lack of floor space, we can't put it up on a table yet to make it higher up.

I'm still not 100% sure if Skye is a boy or a girl, but i'm leaning towards boy. He started doing the male mating dance for the first time to his favorite toy on his play gym! Well. it's the first time I've seen anyways. But.. when I'm snuggling with him, he'll cluck a bit. He (just call him he for ease of typing xD) doesn't lift his head up like females do and never has. He actually curls it under like males are said to do. I'm leaning towards male, like i said. XD

He basically picked up talking, playing catch, and doing the male mating dance all within the last month!!!!! XD

I'm sorry I have no pictures!! Well.. I do.. I've actually taken a lot. But.. I LOST MY STINKIN USB CABLE TO MY CAMERA!!! >.< The second I find that thing, i'm gonna flood this forum with new pics of him!! So be ready!! XD
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Can't wait to see pictures!