BLUE CLEARWING RINGNECK HEN INFO PLEASE !!

Moderator: Mods

ozziekate05

BLUE CLEARWING RINGNECK HEN INFO PLEASE !!

Post by ozziekate05 »

Hi !! does anyone have a pic of a BLUE CLEARWING ringneck , she has a white head !! is this normal ? have been looking on the internet and was wondering if they are under a new name !! A friend of mine has a hen for sale , but can't see a pic !!! and i don't know much about them !! what cock bird would i need to pair up with the hen , Thankyou Ozzie
ozzie
Fah

Post by Fah »

There are two mutations that have pale to white heads, well three.

1) Pallid (aka lacewing)
2) Clearheaded (buttercup)
3) Cleartailed (whiteheaded whitetailed - yellowheaded yellowtailed)

Now... there is no mutation called 'clearwing', and going by the name, with a white head, and the fact that the breeder has called it a clearwing, im guessing its a pallid. Lightens the body, heavily lightens the flight feathers, gives a white head in blue and grey series birds.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... Pallid.htm

Try the above link and see what you think.

Ideally you really need to get a pic up of the bird to get any real help, Indian Ringnecks can combine many many different muations in the one bird, making verbal and written identification rather difficult to say the least.
ozziekate05

Post by ozziekate05 »

Thanks for that great info !! gee there is some gorgeous birds on that site !! I'm finally going to get a pic later today !! He also told me the parent cock is Pallid-ino blue ! cheers Ozzie
ozzie