How long till we see a ring?

Moderator: Mods

Leahluvslife

How long till we see a ring?

Post by Leahluvslife »

Some have told me that it is a year some have said two, I was just wondering when the ring on my boys necks will start to show? I can of course see the shadow of it now, but neither is down changing color yet..not even close ..poor little guys look like they are in a perpetual molt..

George June 2008
Neil Aug 2008
Leah
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Well.. the oldest one is only 7 months old. He's probably got closer to another 9-10 months to go before you see any actual black feathers. Have you had them DNA tested? My guy Skye has the dark-ish shadow, but females can have that too. The funny thing is, Skye does some behaviors that are 'female' and some that are 'male', you can't even always be sure behavior wise either. Assuming your guys are in fact male, the oldest one still has 9-10 months to go before he'll get anything. When the ring comes in, you'll know. You'll see black feathers assuming your guys are blue or green or pink/light lavender if they're lutinos.

I'm very new to IRNs so don't quote me on this. XD Skye is my first IRN.
Leahluvslife

Thanks for you input..( :

Post by Leahluvslife »

Hi, :D

Thank you for replying, they were both registered and DNA sexed when I purchased them from the breeder. ..Skye is beautiful, and welcome to the wonderful world of Parrot's, I have a total of 6 and love them all like children!
Leah
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Generally 17 - 24 months more towards the 24 months
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Leahluvslife

thanks..

Post by Leahluvslife »

Wow, I am so impatient..lol..
Leah
BirdM4n

Post by BirdM4n »

yea..tell me about it my IRN is so young it is uncoordinated etc, i cant wait until he is older. :roll:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Just enjoy your fid .. you have 20-30 years ahead of you with your baby, you will know either way soon enough :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

SkyBaby

Re: Thanks for you input..( :

Post by SkyBaby »

Leahluvslife wrote:Hi, :D

Thank you for replying, they were both registered and DNA sexed when I purchased them from the breeder. ..Skye is beautiful, and welcome to the wonderful world of Parrot's, I have a total of 6 and love them all like children!

That's pretty cool! I dunno what gender Skye is. He's confusing me. xD Thanks so much! I love my little guy like a child. I can't believe my hubby is tyring to talk me into only having Skye.. when I so badly want another one. XD I'm wanting an Alex. XD Birds are addicting.. XD