ring?

Moderator: Mods

leo

ring?

Post by leo »

guys...hoe does the ring grow?
i recently found a few yellow feather with half of it orange or red at the

tehn i can see quiet obvious white ring on near the lower beakneck area when i cuddle her...is it the ring growing?
i mean the feather have red base but yello tip

butshe is dna tested to be female
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
julie

Post by julie »

DNA testing isn't 100% . that's how indies ring started, a little tiny bit of color.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

sounds like your DNA testing was wrong, sit it out nad see what happens
Sharlene and Amazon
leo

Post by leo »

wow....so excited !!!!!

i will keep it updated
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

hehe exciting!

the feathers on the ring arent a full colour. like the black feathers on a green or blue bird arent completely black, its only the tips of the ring feathers that are. same with the other colours. (i found this quite intriging when my bird grew his ring, because i thought the whole feather would be black)

check the feathers, if they are yellow with an orange or white tip then it is probably a ring :D
leo

Post by leo »

the orange was not on the tip, it is at the base..rather obvious, but not too sure about the placement...as it isonly 2 small feather...but i can see the white feather near the beak like black for green Irn...im not too sure though...hehe
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

don't worry if it is a ring you will soon know for sure
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

leo

Post by leo »

so sad...i don think the red feather is the ring...i notice it is the feahter around the ear, both side of the ear hole...the featrher around it has redish base...like the tail feather...
i don think the ring grow so high up to the ear right?
hmm, month back he look like molting, alot of soft feather falling out, but now, has stopped...how many month old the molting will take place?

oya, another Q, the vet has pulled out the wing and tail feather that has been badly chewed, now the wing has almost fully grown and he can already fly...

2 days ago, he fly to the cage and intend to fly in to the cage...his left wing hit door and 3 new blood feather bleeds and the of the bloof deather look damaged,,,what should i do with the blood featehr?

thanks alot
Fah

Post by Fah »

You seem to have alot of interesting experiences with your bird >.< Little fella seems intent on making life hard for himself.......

If your bird has always had a redish base to the feathers on its tail... you might have a hybrid bird? Lutino IRN's do not get any red colouring except on the neck ring. I take it you cant actually get pics of the bird anymore? Peoples descriptions can often be very misleading....

The only other reasons for feather colouration going strange are disease and bad nutrition.

Moulting can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months... so no real estimate can be given.

Considering the world of problems poor tango seems to get himself into.. i would highly suggest limiting their ability to move around at least while it is actually recoovering... dont rush them into a normal life of self ability when he is still in a fragile form. ie keep him in the cage locked up unless you are playing... you might like to give them the freedom.. but at the moment that freedom can do more damage than it can good.
leo

Post by leo »

i want him to learn to fly before i do the partial clipping...

hmm, so, wha shouls i do witht he broken feather?

thefeather with redish base(it is near along the shaft of the feather) found on the tail and the around the ear hole

You seem to have alot of interesting experiences with your bird >.< Little fella seems intent on making life hard for himself.......

yea...i guess so
Fah

Post by Fah »

I can understand wanting him to learn to fly before the partial clip... but you cant really afford to have him flying around with alot of blood feathers (like he seems to have atm). Let these blood feathers finish, as its not just one or two... its many by the sounds of it.. so its sorta unique situation.

Now that he has broken the blood feather, most likely you need to pull that feather out again and let it grow out... again... as the feather will possibly cause future bleeding if it gets knocked, and it wont form correctly.

To stop bleeding always use flour, anything else can cause problems.

All this will be putting alot of stress on your birds physical stance... this could also be why feathers have come out with a red tinge... you need to be providing vitamin and mineral suppliments in the water, as well as be feeding him very ballanced feed, fruit, veg, protein, fat, etc etc... make sure its on a good diet.
leo

Post by leo »

thanks alot fah....
so, i will need to pull the broken pin feather out?

he has grown almost all the wing feather, only there are about 5-6 pin feater on the left wing, 3 broken and the rest has grown to alost a long feather, only i can see blood in the shaf still...

i feed him with pellet, daily and veg or fruit will take turn each day...4 days once, i feed him with seed mix with eggs food....

the red colouration is found since ever baby, since the feather grow, i have notice it and have post it in this forum, but, i dont get any respond, so, i think it was just fine...
Fah

Post by Fah »

If you manage to get a pic of it sometime that would be great, IRN's have been bred with other birds in the past and im sure it still goes on today, there are a fair few asiatics that will breed together if left in an aviary.

But thats getting sorta off topic, esp without actually being able to see it.

If the blood feather has been heavily damaged you will need to pull it, esp if you think it can easily re-open.

I would suggest a vet trip to fix it... purely in that one person doing the flight feather can cause damage to the wing itself.
leo

Post by leo »

i have contacted the vet, he said, see if the feather still manage to grow, then fine, if not, have to pull it out....

i think cant get the pic...it abit diff and the red colour can only be seen clearly under certain angle of lighning...

the vet said, yellow IRN usually have this red colour...i also was like, really ?????

so tango might be hybrid of irn and other ringneck parrot?
leo

Post by leo »

fah....can teach me how to do partial clipping, may be can post some pic?

thanks alot