My little girl is.....................................

Moderator: Mods

pinkdevil

My little girl is.....................................

Post by pinkdevil »

Drum roll..........................................

A Lutino!!!!

.....or perhaps a Grey Ino as I can't find a pic of what a Grey Ino would look like. :)

She finally decided to reveal her secret colour, at last. :lol:

No more squinting through a magnifying glass....yay...lol
Deano

Post by Deano »

how cute is that little one , congratulations, my guess is lutino
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Yeah I reckon she is a Lutino as well. :)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Awwww :-) Nice !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

greeny

Post by greeny »

She is so cute. I have been following her story. I am cheering her on - she has had a tough go of it but looks to be doing well. YAY!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks Greeny :)

She is a little toughy :lol:
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

AW she's adorable!!! You lucky person you!! I can't wait to get a buddy for Sky!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks Skybaby :)

I have compared her colour to that of my Lutino chicks when they were younger and her yellow colour seems to be more of a "dirty" yellow, so now I am wondering if she is possibly a GreyIno/blue. Her pins coming through on her stomach and back are much paler but I am not sure if that is just coz they are still forming or not. Her tail pins seem to be the same colour as her wings.

I will take a pic of her tomorrow and when she is a bit older, will compare her to the Lutino chicks I have here at the moment for colour comparison.

The Lutino chicks were very vibrant yellow in colour not like this little one. I even asked Shane what he thought and he agreed with me that she is not the same as the Lutinos were.

I guess I don't know for certain just what hidden colours the parents could be also carrying. Only going on what the seller told me.

I guess it is stilll a wait and see game lol :)
Fah

Post by Fah »

I would not think there are any more unexpected colours that could inpact on the young bird... but I would not be suprised that a greygreen ino appears slightly different to a green ino. (possibly slight variations in the tone / quality of yellow throughout the bird instead of the generally flawless one colour in regular lutinos.

Look forward to more mature shots of the bird. Either way it will be a lovely bub.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

She has slowed up on her eating over the last few days, not as enthusiastic as before. Still gaining weight so that's the main thing. :)

Here is a pic I took of her this morning.

The colour doesn't quite look as it does in real life, (my puter anyway), but very similar.

And check out her little legs!

No sticky outies anymore lol :P Almost "normal" :)
Fah

Post by Fah »

what a cutie, you wont get a good grasp until the feathers really start to show im sure, and pictures can never really show exactly what they look like unless you manage to get flawless lighting and camera setup going on.

I am sure if you have others to compare you will be able to say if its different or not.

I love the scalp :P Little Friar Tuck thing going on :P
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Fah wrote:
I love the scalp :P Little Friar Tuck thing going on :P

LOL I had not noticed that until you pointed it out lol

She DOES look like Friar Tuck lol

I did notice she has a slight "birth mark" type of thing on the back of her head.
Not sure how easy it is to see, but it is reasonably noticeable in life.
It is kinda off centre, lower bottom of the "Friar Tuck " ring.
As I know where to look I can just make it out in the pic.

I have given it a good looking over and it doesn't seem to be an old injury or anything.

A beauty spot perhaps! :wink:
Fah

Post by Fah »

Pissibly, a simple knock to the box its in when it throws its head around can give a tiny soft bruise since their tissue is so soft... though stranger things have happened with birds, could be a birth mark.

I have a hen that I use to show people who come over as to how you just cant be certain about a birds looks and genes / sex without knowing exactly what its parents are... and if its dna sexed. Its a Turquoise Blue (no splits) hen, about 5 years old now. She has a pale grey neck ring where males get theirs, and a pale turquoise ring where the males get the white. She has given me 3 clutches (3-4-5) in three years... so I know she is a girl.. but to anyone else she looks like a maturing cock.

One mutation can have so many slight differences.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Here are a few more update piccies on Spongie. Her colour seems to have lightened up somewhat. Looking more like a normal Lutino now so maybe that is what she is. :)

I took them this morning before feed time.

Back view

Top view

Front view

and cuteness view

then the ever important awwwww view

So there is my little girl. She is 5 weeks 2 days old today :D
clear

Post by clear »

it is so cute cant wait to have more to play with nice one pink now that would be a nice colour pink ....
we try
laine

Post by laine »

Oh, she is so cute and adorable, makes me want one.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

AW omg how cute! I love the updated pics you've been posting! Man.. i can't wait to get another one! ^^
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

clear wrote:it is so cute cant wait to have more to play with nice one pink now that would be a nice colour pink ....

lol I wonder what the male birds would think about being pink! lol

Thanks guys.

She is going through her weaning stages now. I put her in a small cage and she had her first time perching last week. She looked so proud being able to perch like a big girl lol.

She shouldn't be too far from her first flight either. Has been getting in a few practises in.
And to look at her now you would never have thought anything was ever wrong with her in the beginning.

Her colouring has lightened somewhat but she is a slightly different colour yellow compared to the others. I was going to try and get a pic of them together but she doesn't appreciate other birdie company yet lol.

Will post a few updated pics later. :)