waht kind of ringneck

Moderator: Mods

SAM6876

waht kind of ringneck

Post by SAM6876 »

I have a ringneck since 6 months now. But I have not seen any special growth in it. My ringneck eats properly. its active very much. When I got him the feathers on his chest were not proper, but now its nicely grown. Its tail feathers have broken twice and again regrown.
My doubt is that my ringneck doesn't look like normal ringneck. Its very small in size, its feathers are also small in length. Please anybody suggest what kind of ringneck/parrot is my bird... His picture is uploaded herewith.
Attachments
bunty4.jpg
bunty4.jpg (76.36 KiB) Viewed 3905 times
bunty3.jpg
bunty3.jpg (82.83 KiB) Viewed 3905 times
sanjays mummi

Re: waht kind of ringneck

Post by sanjays mummi »

Black boot button eyes, juvenile feathers, yet you say your bird is six months old or more?, this looks like a baby to me, and especially if the breast feathers have only just come through. Six Months? or six Weeks?
SAM6876

Post by SAM6876 »

Thanks for your reply...

I have attached my parrot's pic which was taken 6 months back when i got him. since then he picks food with his claws and beak, he used to climb his cage very quickly, after 2 months started whistling too. so we thought he was not a baby, only his breast feather were withered. Now his size is the same, the breast feathers are back. Twice his tail feathers broke and came back. his wings doesn't seem to have grown yet.
So please suggest what can be the reason for no growth. And what is its kind.
Attachments
bunty1.png
bunty1.png (88.78 KiB) Viewed 3896 times
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Go online and order a product called "Feather Up", sprinkle a little on his food daily, give him as much fresh fruit and vegetables as possible, get a misting (spray) bottle, and add a drop of Rosewater and a drop of glycerin to some lukewarm water, and give him a shower bath once or twice a week. Hopefully you will see an improvement after a few Weeks.
SAM6876

Post by SAM6876 »

Thanks for your reply .. did you find any information regarding which breed he meight be ?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Looks like a ringneck to me, maybe had a bad start in life.
SAM6876

Post by SAM6876 »

May be .. i m giving multivitamin tonic twice a week ..