beak color

Moderator: Mods

PuffnFresh

beak color

Post by PuffnFresh »

hey all,

i was just wondering if the color if an IRN beak resembles a feature of the bird. For example, the darker the beak is the healthier he is or he is more friendly .... random question :)
thanks
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

It depends how you raise the bird..
managethis8

Re: beak color

Post by managethis8 »

PuffnFresh wrote:hey all,

i was just wondering if the color if an IRN beak resembles a feature of the bird. For example, the darker the beak is the healthier he is or he is more friendly .... random question :)
thanks
Hi, I just purchased a ringneck female off craigslist for 100. She wanted 150 but for some reason was anxious to get rid of this five year old beuty, to me that is. Anyway, my question is.....why is her beak black?
Randy
tubby

Re: beak color

Post by tubby »

Hi, I just purchased a ringneck female off craigslist for 100. She wanted 150 but for some reason was anxious to get rid of this five year old beuty, to me that is. Anyway, my question is.....why is her beak black?[/quote]

I just got a ringneck and it has a black beak also have you figured out why? and also is your bird healthy because i fear that the color of the beak might depend on how healthy the bird is.
julie

Post by julie »

Tubby your has a black beak because its a African ring neck.

Please use the search function up the top to check out some threads about this subject.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Here is a link that shows that helps explain, (with photos), the difference between IRN and ARNs :)
tubby

Post by tubby »

pinkdevil wrote:Here is a link that shows that helps explain, (with photos), the difference between IRN and ARNs :)
Thanks this site was very helpful