Luna has made it to anouther milestone

Moderator: Mods

Darlene

Luna has made it to anouther milestone

Post by Darlene »

:D Hi! Luna made it to anouther milestone. She is now standing up. When I posted the last progress report, Luna would stand but needed to have some help to position her feet for standing and just had to lean against my finger. But she was holding herself up.
I had to make sure there is anouther milestone before this report.
Lunas feet are getting stronger. Now she opens her toes for standing when she sees I am going to put her down. And she supports herself and I can take my hand away. Two weeks ago, I could count to 12 before she would sit down. Today I counted to 21, before she sat down on her little behind. I put her on a ladder and she grabbed on with her toes and beak and held herself there. :D
So nerve damage can and does heal. But it is slow and requires daily treatment and therapy. Luna is proof of that.

I have tried to post pics of Luna and have uploaded them to photobucket, but I am sure I am still doing something wrong. Will have to keep working on it. May have some stupid questions to ask, Is that OK??? HA :lol:
leo

Post by leo »

wow,thats great darlene...may be you can email me some of her pic and i will help you post it...im sure everybody cant wait to sees it as i do...hehe...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Bella

Post by Bella »

Thats fantastic news well done luna :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Photoguy77

Post by Photoguy77 »

Great news. Congrats!
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

under your pics on photobucket there is an image code if you click on that code it will say copied then go back to the post here and click where you want the picture them right click and you will see a few options click on the one that says paste and it will show up on your post once you push the summit button all you will see it the image code when you push paste but thats what you want your pics will be there later Please try again I would love to see her progress.
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

Thank You Raja'smom
I will try again. After I do it once, I'll have it made. HA! Have you ever been afraid to ask a question, becouse it may sound stupid???? HA! :lol:
I may have more then one question :lol:
jobo2mi

Post by jobo2mi »

I am so happy to read of Luna's progress. I have been checking for updates every so often ever since her accident. when I saw how much care and effort you put into bringing her bck to health, it just warms my heart. '

You go Luna girl. What a brave and strong girl you are!
Joanne

and the fids -
Parakeets - Emma (RIP Bonnie & Clyde)
Tiels - Rosie, Howie
QP - Isis
Sun Conure - Precious
IRN - Nala
Caique - Timber
and the cat - BK
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

I am still trying to get Luna to stand long enough to take a good pic. As soon as I get the camara close to her, she sits down and wants down. She never did like to have the camara near her. She gives it the evil eye. LOL! :lol:
Now Luna has enough strength to hold onto a foot toy when she is upside down on her back, she has a strong enough grip so I can lift her up with her holding onto the foot toy. So these little games and excersises are helping her get some muscels developed again.