My new IRN. Some questions

Moderator: Mods

headbuster

My new IRN. Some questions

Post by headbuster »

Hello
First of all I want to say that you have made a really good website. I found a lot of useful info on it.
Second I want to ask you some questions about my IRN(Tomy)
I will call it him because I don't know if it is he or she so:
He is 4 months old. I have him for three days now and he got realy accustomed to us. He eats from my hand and likes to bite it a lot(not because of anger but because of curiosity).
I know that because he is still a baby and he changes his feathers but there is a little spot without feathers on his head(looks like an eyebrow :D) and I don't know if they will grow back.
you can see the spot here ZOOM!

On this picture you I can also see a green ring on his neck which is forming.
It is my first bird so is there a way to know if it is a boy or a girl.

This is for now. Sorry if I asked questions that have been answered before but I couldn't find anything with search.
And sorry for the bad quality of the pictures but my hands shake a lot :D
Thanks in advanced
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

The only way to tell for sure if it is a boy or girl at this stage is to have him/her DNA tested. Otherwise, you will have to wait and see if a ring develops. Congrats on your new fid.
MCS
headbuster

Post by headbuster »

Another thing is that its bill isn't bright red but it is like dirty, dark colour.
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

It sounds like you might have an African ringneck rater than an Indian ringneck the African ringnecks look the same except they have a dark beak instead of a red one. you may want to google pictures of african and indian ringnecks to see which one you have.