Going to a local breeder this evening

Moderator: Mods

CalamariBaby

Going to a local breeder this evening

Post by CalamariBaby »

Well, tonight I am going to a local breeder to see the birds and reserve one if I can when they have chicks. I know it will be a few months or more but I think it is a good idea to wait to be sure we have everything ready and also I don't want to jump right into a new family member. It will be like having a baby. (Ha!) Maybe I should have a birdie shower. I have been checking the message boards a lot looking at all the questions and all your beautiful pictures of all the IRN's. They are so gorgeous I am hooked. Does anyone have any good questions I should ask the breeder since most of you are so experienced. I know I want to see the brreeders facility and overall look of their birds. In fact I am going to Alpinr to The Beak. I have enjoyed and learned a lot so far just reading your posts but if anyone has any good advice for a new IRN owner I would be open to hearing from you.
Allie
CalamariBaby

TheBeak.net

Post by CalamariBaby »

After visiting The Beak I am more excited to get my baby ringneck. I think it is amazing the way they personally raise and care for all the babies. The breeding birds were beatiful and the babies were so darn cute. No IRN's right now they had macaw babies and cockatoos and cackatiels and a 2 month Amazon.
We will be waiting 'til the spring for a baby. I will be able to wait knowing what a tame sweet bird we will be getting. They said by the time the babies are hatched they are all sold. Also the owners were so nice and kind to us and our kids. They let both our kids 1 1/2 and 3 pet the 2 month old amazon and the ringneck they had as a pet was very sweet to my kids as well. I look forward to choosing our bird. Not sure on the color yet. I think they are all so beautiful.
Allie
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

I just became a new mom to a Irn So I know just how you feel I dicided on a green male and the breeder had just about eveycolour of baby that there is but this little guy came right over to me as soon as I walked into the room and wanted to sit with me the whole time I was there the others where all gorgous but Raja stole my heart from the moment we met so I have a green dna'd male Irn and he is the most sweetest little fellow I've ever met. Good luck with your new baby least this way you have lots of time to think of a name
Image[img]h[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee90/fergies_mom/IMG_0007.jpg[/img]tImagetp://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee90/fergies_mom/IMG_0002.jpg[/I
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

He is so cute. I love the Green males. They are so gorgeous. I gave the breeder some color preferances but ultimately we will decide when we get there. I asked for a male turquoise. I have started a name list and am browsing the cages on ebay. The breeder I am working with is currently writing a book, "The Ringneck Companion". I feel very confident about getting a very social bird and am soooo excited. I love this website and check it out daily. Everyone has been informative and just all around a great network for bird owners here. I am glad to be a member. I can't wait to put pics up.
Allie