Talking Question

Moderator: Mods

Raja's_mom

Talking Question

Post by Raja's_mom »

How old do Irn's have to be before they start talking? Do some start sooner than others. ??
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

i believe its up to the IRN when they want to, but normally they start bout 9mths, my boy started bout 11mths old. They will start in their own time
Sharlene and Amazon
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

mine started at a year and a half. he wasnt hand-reared and i think he had very little human contact so he was a bit delayed. he cant speak perfectly and might not ever because of his limited contact but he still tries and its so cute :D
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

Thank you I was just wondering my little one just learned hoe to wolf whistle from my other birds. and thought he may pick up other thing rather quickly from them My african Grey has a huge vocabulary I can't wait to see what Raja will sound like when he starts to talk
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

heheh my fid still hasnt perfected the wolf whistle. he screams it more than he whistles it. has his own versions of everything ^^
julie

Post by julie »

Spike the baby that I bred last year left here at 4 months saying hello. I think it just depends on the bird and how much talking they hear, indie talks non stop especially when we are not home so he would have heard it a fair bit.