does he sense i'm not well?

Moderator: Mods

laine

does he sense i'm not well?

Post by laine »

This week I have been off work due to an incredibly sore throat and I lost my voice. I haven't been able to talk to Smokey, other than a little whisper and I feel sorry for him cos he keeps trying to talk to me and isn't getting an answer. He sits on my knee or shoulder and says 'good boy ' like he's asking for reassurance. I tell him - yes, you are a good boy but mummy's sick. I have spent my days this week on the couch mostly sleeping. Smokey has just hung out with me and slept beside me. I can only eat cold soft food like jelly or custard which he has also shared with me. :lol: He loved it. I just get the feeling that after the 2nd day he knew that I wasn't myself. Has anyone else experienced this with their bird, I know dogs and cats sense it but do birds?
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

My answer: HELL YES they know. They completely get it.
All of my animals are completely "in tune" with me. Smokey is in tune with you and how you are feeling and acting.

Good Boy Smokey for looking after your mum!
-Chamon-

Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

Birds more than any other animal know when ting are not right they have a sixth sence I think and know before we do when something is going to happen. Like earth quakes and things like that they know at least 2 days before it comes and your scratching your head wondering why your birds are acting so strangly. Its really quite amazing what they can sense way before we do.