Possible Air Sac?

Moderator: Mods

danniman

Possible Air Sac?

Post by danniman »

:( Hi, I have a lutino ringneck parrot and i have a question.

I noticed a few months ago that my bird had a large lump under his neck area. When i pulled his feathers aside there was a soft lump under the skin that almost looked like a pale whiteish colour, it felt like it was full of air. Would this be an air sac? Because i know they have air sacs that show on the sides of the neck area but im unsure if they have them under the neck area going onto the chest area. Im concerned because i dont no what it is and i dont want him to have something serious wrong with him. Any ideas guys?
Bella

Post by Bella »

Id take him to the vet asap to get it checked better to be safe than sorry
Last edited by Bella on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
julie

Post by julie »

did he just have a feed before you noticed the lump ?
do you think it could be like this pic
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

if you are worried i would take him to the vet, better safe than sorry.
Sharlene and Amazon
danniman

my little man

Post by danniman »

Im taking him to the vet tomorrow morning for a check up. Yeah it looks similar to that photo and no he hadnt just eaten. Ive noticed its always there of a night time but never there of a morning. Its really soft like its full of air. When he sits on my knee of a night time his little head just sits in his chest area you can barely tell he has a neck
Ed Loschi

It sounds like everything is OK with your fid.

Post by Ed Loschi »

It sounds as if you are noticing the birds crop, and it sounds like everything is normal with your fid.
Taking the fid to an avian vet is a good idea; if they just verify that you're seeing the crop then it is a 'well bird' visit, if they find something then you and the fid are way ahead of fixing the problem.