Ringneck baby cannot stand on legs

Moderator: Mods

dsoni750

Ringneck baby cannot stand on legs

Post by dsoni750 »

I've bought a pair of Indian ringneck babies theyre about 6 weeks old. One of them is so energetic but the other one is low hes not properly standing on his legs.Mostly leans down in front.
But my main concern is about last night he was ok all day but in night when I saw in their box the weak one lying down... and his legs were streched in front and he was falling sideways.. Not able to get up on his legs .
Please help hes till now not standing hes eating properly but not standing and hes lying.
Please help.what can I do to strenghthen him.
sanjays mummi

Re: Ringneck baby cannot stand on legs

Post by sanjays mummi »

Take him to a vet asap!
dsoni750

Post by dsoni750 »

sanjays mummi wrote:Take him to a vet asap!
VET is not easily availabe here and also not developed ....i took him to the pet dealer from where i bought it...he said hes okay but he is weak ive to put him with a support to stand.
dsoni750

Post by dsoni750 »

I took him to VET hospital this morning and it happened what I was afraid of ...doctor gave him an injection of Beriwin (Vitamin B1 Injection IP) and he died within a few seconds.....I was so shocked I loved him so much he's no more now.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I am very sorry to hear this, but he must have been a very sick little bird for his heart to give out so quickly. IRN's are tough little birds, he was obviously very weak when you got him, personally I would go back to where you bought him and demand a refund, here in the UK, I would have got the RSPCA inspectors out to the premises.
Keep a careful watch over his little mate, because there may have been an infection going the rounds.