how i transfer my Lazaros

Moderator: Mods

nil

how i transfer my Lazaros

Post by nil »

i have lazaros 14 months now from while born.
he is never stays alone in house for many days, except two times for one day each.
Before a week i went a day trip so i had left him with many toys and treatments, but when i came back i saw that lazaros hadnt eaten his food and destroys his toys at all and was very unhappy.
when i saw me back begin to eat!!!
i dont venture to leave him for more than a day alone, so i have taken a traveller cage http://www.qualitydiscountcages.com/pro ... %2DPoquito and the next month in my 5 days vacation ( it couldnt be more because i have and my other birds stay back) at my wifes village i ll take him with me.
but how i transfer him with my car?
the journey is about 2 hours and the car has airbags.
i think must find a traveller plastic traveller box, compatible with belt seat .
these for dogs are ok?
what do you think about it?
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

When i travel I take Amazon's travel cage with me but amazon is never in teh cage while we travel he sits on the seat on head rest or walks round the cage or sits with me, but then again he has been going in cars since he was 7 weeks old and is use to the traveling without a cage.

Some people will transport them in the cage while in the car, i dont like the idea of them in the cage as i feel the cage may fall over or anything, it is up to you how you transport your fid
Sharlene and Amazon
chipossesue

Re: travel carrier for lazaros

Post by chipossesue »

I use a small dog/cat carrier for car trips with my baby"Bodhi"-i have the kind that has a metal grate w/a door on the top,which i find handy- it opens up like a suitcase also. Its often called an onboard carrier since it fits under your seat on a plane trip if you take one-theyre sturdy and cheap-I think about 25$ new?- I got mine free from a friend but I think they are hard to find in some places-theres a similar one available online at carealotpets.com -its called the double door deluxe cat carrier and the small size is 27$ before shipping.Anyway just add a dowel or branch (secured to crate of course) as a perch.Maybe a toy too to keep the crate from being chewed! Good Luck and happy travels!-Sue&Bodhi
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

A dog/cat carrier is fine, just make sure its completely secure and it doesnt move around or you might have a bird flying around the car like Yoda did. A small cage is good too. Some birds are fine on car trips, Jibby loves the car, Ive never seen him so excited lol, others completely freak out. Cover the cage in a blanket or towel if Laz is scared. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
nil

Post by nil »

thank you all :)
ok i ll take a carrier for the transfer and the traveller cage with me to assembly there.
must i fasten the carrier with tha cars belt seat? how?
i think is better to put him at the rear seats, because in the front are the airbags and maybe is dangerous.