Training Miss Daisy

Moderator: Mods

feathers

Training Miss Daisy

Post by feathers »

Daisy - who used to be Feathers, is now 7 months old. She is a demanding little thing and for some reason is addicted to remote batteries. She can flip a large remote control, take off the battery door and pry out a battery in about 10 seconds. She then runs away with the battery very excited :D ( I am talking a AA battery) and she is a skinny little thing - mostly beak!! Obviously I get it off her as I'm sure it's dangerous, but does anyone know what it could be that is so addictive? I've given her a remote without batteries for herself but she pushes it on the floor if she finds no batteries and she growls so it's not the buttons or repeating what I do.
sanjays mummi

Re: Training Miss Daisy

Post by sanjays mummi »

You're right to be concerned, they contain acid, and it's very corrosive, her beak is sharp and could perforate the battery. Why she does it?, only Daisy knows!
feathers

Post by feathers »

No -- it's strange, today as she wasn't allowed the remote with the batteries she became fixated on the mobile phone. Again flipping it over but with a case on she couldn't get the back off. It's almost as if there is some very low level electricity or charge that gets her motor running. I didn't know such little bunches of feathers could be so amusing!!! She was very angry when we took that off her too - she has plenty of toys that get changed around, but she spent the next hour marching backwards and forwards on the bottom of her cage - glaring at us and muttering. we are totally besotted with her ^:)^
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When Ms Sanjay gets the hump he goes into Vulture mode, head down shoulders up! :-bd