worming your bird

Moderator: Mods

bailey/buttercup

worming your bird

Post by bailey/buttercup »

can anyone tell me what they recomend to worm their IRN with,i have done it one time with a blue liquid which the person at the pet store recommended.but have since added a female to my happy aviary to keep my bailey boy company which he enjoys !!!!!. :?
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

I have never gone out and brought worming stuff for Amazon, our bird expert has told us to use chillies and garlic to worm them every 3 months.

Amazon loves his chillies and gets one every 3 months and he gets garlic with some of his meals so he is fully wormed, i do keep an eye on him, but he is fine.

I cant be bothered spending lots of money on something i can do cheaper with the same result.
Sharlene and Amazon
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I generally use products recommended by my vet, but was told recently that if you feed citrus, especially oranges, that is a natural bird wormer. :) So I have been giving my birds oranges about once a week, and then will probably worm with medication when it looks like they need it or a couple times a year just to make sure.

:)
Donna

Post by Donna »

You can actually do more harm to the bird by using any kind of dewormer if the bird does not have worms so my advise would be take it to a vet first to have it tested for worms and he will prescribe a medication appropriately. Self medicating birds is very dangerous.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both