Urgent Help : My parrot Puking

Moderator: Mods

khalidbabur

Urgent Help : My parrot Puking

Post by khalidbabur »

After searching for days I am able to find this website. Thankx God.
I have two IRN and they are 5-6 years old respectively .

Since the start of march . one of them starting puking the seeds he eats in the seed box and then doing a bit dancing and eating back again .
Then the second one starting doing the same thing again . it seems they both emjoy doing this puking eating game. and also wistels lightly when they are doing this bad thing.

Can anyone tell me why and what they are doing? whats wrong with them

BTW both are talking parrots. :D
Lene

Post by Lene »

I most certainly wouldn't wait for an online community to tell you what's wrong... If I was worried of my birds doing that, they would go straight to the doctor (Vet)..

I expect they are both IRN's.. Are they male and female living together? If so, they may be reguritating -

It's a bonding thing for birds...

Hope you work it out.
Cheers

Lene
khalidbabur

Post by khalidbabur »

Thannks Lene for such a Quick reply.
Yes both are Males, recently I have bought two females from the market and now both pairs are in sperate cages.
one of the male parrot is still doing the same thing every now and then.
I am not worried because he is healthy and doing this thing since last 1 month approx.

So may be , as you said, they area regurgitating for bonding.But this is the first time since last 6 yrs that they are acting like this:)
ok on emore question , you may be able to answer.
I bought two clay nesting pots for them , what you say, clay pots are ok? or should i go for wooden nest boxes ?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Definately wooden nest boxes. It is more natural for them. Also put about 2 - 3 inches nesting material in the bottom of the nest box. Make sure that any nesting material is chemical free and suitable for birds. I buy packets of bird nesting material. It kind of looks and mimics the material that occurs in hollow logs naturally. I have found that IRN prefer boxes that are quite deep. I use 2 foot deep boxes with success.

There is a lot of information on this forum and on the net. If you do a search you should easily find information to help you.

Good luck!

:)
khalidbabur

@pinkDevil

Post by khalidbabur »

Hey Pink Devil thanks alot for the quick suggestions.

But I have yet another question . Normally my parrots chew up any wooden thing which is placed in their cage and I hope they will definitely chew up the whole wooden nest box too.

In this situation i think clay pots are better option ?
Best wishes...

Post by pinkdevil »

They chew from boredom & to keep their beak in trim. You could provide cuttle bone for them to chew and safe wooden branches, or even special wooden toys made for chewing. I find that any parrot over time will chew the nestbox. Some chew the nestbox to make it more to their liking :)

I would still go with the wooden over clay pots. From what I have read, if any bird is not happy with their situation, or nesting, they won't breed.

:)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi khalidbabur, I was just going to ask what new thing you have placed in their cage, I see you have added clay pots. Would this be around the time of the starting to puke ?
I would therefore take these out if you have not done so already. Also anything else you have introduced recently that could be the culprit ? sure sounds like poisoning to me ( not a vet and new to Rn's )