Big shock this morning

Moderator: Mods

Lene

Big shock this morning

Post by Lene »

Tessa, my GSD, always sleeps in my bedroom, and goes out to say hello to the birds in the morning, when I open the door... This morning she went out, while I went to the loo... I heard screaming... and then desperate screaming...

I raced out with my pants around my ankles, and there was Tessa with Toby in her mouth, and Toby with Tessa's upper lip in his mouth.

Tessa thought Toby was breakfast, and stood quietly by the door for me to let her out to eat her prize. I told Tessa to leave the bird, and she let go, but Toby did not let go of her... I had to physically pry him off her.

The 2 IRN's had escaped their cage during the early morning (most likely, as they were still in their cage, when I went to bed) - I have now put locks on it.

After I tended to my bleeding hands, I checked out Toby... There wasn't a feather out of place and no puncture wounds... I bathed him to get the dog saliva off him, and put him back in his cage.

I don't know if Tessa wanted to eat him or just take him outside to play with him... I have before given Tessa a live mouse I'd caught, but she wouldn't kill it.
Cheers

Lene
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

WOW that was a real lucky escape for Toby. Poor little bird. It is a wonder Tessa didn't let the bird go sooner. If a IRN was clamped on my lip I sure would lol

It never ceases to amaze me just how clever birds and animals are. One of my babies that I handraised (has gone to live with grandma) sat back and watched the door being open for changing food and water. Now SHE opens the door lol. Had to put a lock on it. :lol: :lol:

:)
Bella

Post by Bella »

Im sorry but i had to giggle once i read that they were both ok i can just picture it them both looking at you like "No mum im not letting go till he lets go" "But im not letting go till he lets go" :lol: Im glad they are ok and sorry for your poor hand hehe
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)