I'm new to IRN, please help me guys.

Moderator: Mods

Chico

I'm new to IRN, please help me guys.

Post by Chico »

Hi, I found a breeder and tomorrow i will travel quiet a long way from where I live. He's having more parrots and he sound so professional over the phone, he knew everything I asked him about the birds and he was so happy to talk about it.

The IRN is 4 months old and is hand tame, I can't wait to get it tomorrow.

I'm just worried that he doesen't have a ring (band) on his leg. Is it really important that ring or is it ok to buy it even without ring?

Cheers
sanjays mummi

Re: I'm new to IRN, please help me guys.

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjays breeder delivered him to me, so she could check out my No, he hasn't got a ring, and I don't think it is entirely necessary, as it is with, say, racing pigeons. From what little I know, rings are similar to microchips in dogs and cats, As far as I know, they can be purchased, have a look online, and best of luck with your chickster.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

That should read "check out my environment"
rick_s0910

Post by rick_s0910 »

I agree. The leg band isn't all that important. I know some breeders claim that their birds are registered, but its usually because the want to sell the bird. Most breeders including myself, use it for our own personal reference. That way, I know it's my birds or one bred by me. Also, I can keep track of them and not breed them to their own siblings and what not. I have some birds that I purchased without Leg Bands. Most Leg Bands have a set of letters representing the breeder, the year the bird hatched, then the state the breeder lives in and a series of numbers (chosen by the breeder). For example, mine say RAS 16 TX 1010.. RAS are my name initials, 16 for the year, TX (Texas) and I use the numbers 010-019 for a certain pair, 020-029 for an other and so on. The number 1 in front of them is either a 1, 2, or 3, showing which clutch it is from that pair, on that specific year. You also get to pick the material, color and size of it. Anybody can buy them.