A few questions from a newbie!!

Moderator: Mods

Sableye

A few questions from a newbie!!

Post by Sableye »

Hi! Dunno how active this forum still is, but I have a couple questions

I have a female (she has been sexed) violet IRN, she's 4 months old
I also have 2 cats but they don't seem to mind her

BUT ANYWAY, whenever she's on my shoulder she likes to climb up on my hair. and I've noticed she's been making knots in it. Is that normal? And are there toys i can get her to prevent this?

She's hand tame, but I notice she doesn't really like/understand when I'm trying to pet her? Like whenever I put my hand near her she always just thinks I want her to step up.

I also take her out of the house with me pretty often (to the store, to get coffee, etc etc) and she just chills on my shoulder. Doesn't even make a sound. Her wings are clipped, but that was by the store before I even got her, should I get a harness for when her wings grow back or will it not be so much of an issue?
My best friend has 2 sun conures and neither of their wings have ever been clipped, and she takes them out with her pretty often too and they've never flown away. But I know conures and IRNs are pretty different :P

Last thing, she makes a lot of noise. Whenever her cage is open she squawks until I pick her up, but today she was squawking just because. I'm assuming that's normal though? Oh, and when do they start learning words?

Last edited by Sableye on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanjays mummi

Re: A few questions from a newbie!!

Post by sanjays mummi »

Well, who's a pretty girl then?, those wing feathers will grown in pdq!, why not get Nyla a pac a bird, or small pet carrier?, I wouldn't trust a harness. Words? It took Sanjay quite a while, and some of them talk so quietly you don't always hear them. What do you mean by "squawking"?, a p'd off Sanjay sounds like an angry pig, (literally), but a sing song and chortle sound entirely different. :-bd