Weed...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Weed...

Post by Mikaela »

Let me apologize in advance should this topic offend anyone. However, I am confiding in my new bird loving friends so I hope ya'll go easy on me. I love my baby and I want to keep her as safe as possible which is why I am even bringing this.

Not to worried about the FEDS considering how my hubby only has a few grams at a time *flips of the cyber surfing FEDS*

Here is my question: Do ringnecks have a thing for weed? Last night, India was determined to get the lid off of the little tupperware he keeps his weed in. I happened to look over and she looked at me like "where's the bonk ma!" Now, everytime he smokes, she follows him around begging for a taste, smell... something. He has nothing to do with her but now seems to have a crush on him for his product. He is pimping her to make HIM her choosen person! :shock:

Please know we would NEVER give her seeds (because I wouldnt A and B because hydroponic weed rarely has any seeds). We would never blow her a hit EVER no matter how badly she begs for it. She is like screw the spray millet... ya'll are holding out on the good stuff!

I always worried about my kids being pot heads, now I have to admit my baby India to Betty Ford.

Anyone else have any simular experiences? SHE LOVES EVERYTHING ABOUT WEED! Poor thing has an addictive personality. :(

Hubby says "fire it up' to her and she does this little suductive dance where she steps back and forth on her perch and stretches one leg and wing, then the other leg and wing. She moves her mouth too but nothing comes out. I have told him to stop saying that to her. The preacher will be here one day and she'll be asking him to "fire it up"! :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

Well I aint never see this kind of behaviour maybe she just likes his company and wants to please him. Does he feed her through his mouth? Maybe she wants to try every thing he eats. I have that problem with mine he eats meat and egg and all sorts (he just steels it from my mouth.). in the wild they will probably eat n e type of seed that they could find so hemp wouldn’t do them much harm. But it is really down to the bird they could be allergic to some food as humans sometimes are. But im not the most experienced of handlers.

I hope this has maybe partly answered your question.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

You did thank you. She actually has never interacted with him at all before this. Other than thinking she was cute and making kissy sounds now and then to her through her cage they have NO interaction.

Her cage is right behind our couch. As I am noticing, she watches everything we do. She is never alone more than an hour here or there. I was even taking her to sleep with me but stopped that because it may not be healthy to be together that much. I dont want her to freak if I have to go away a day or so.

Oh yeah, today when she was hanging out in the ficus tree, one of her tail feathers fell out. This is totally normal, huh?

Also, when she naps (not sleeps) she naps with one eye open, is this common? But if I sneak in during the night she is out cold.

I love this board. India would have an anxious Mama without people to talk to.
~ Mikaela Sky

IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

My pleasure mikaela

That is 1 of the most annoying things I swear. you see I have a younger sister who only sees zazu now an then and sometimes feeds him but he has bonded with her and my 1 year old niece and has never bit my younger sister once (he has bit my niece but that coz she grabbed him) but never since. (They bond with the person they won’t to bond with). Usually the owner unknowingly will do something to upset the bird and therefore the bird will seek a friend in another person this is usually the case. And spending 2much time with them usually has the same effect like with people you nknow what i mean.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

She and I are ALWAYS together. I havent given her time to miss me. She only gets to see him when he happens by. Maybe I'll give her the cold shoulder (not let her know I am always watching her) a little and see if she begs for my attention.

I sleep alot hehe. My husband says EVERYTIME I sleep, she sleeps too. If I eat, she starts eating. She watches me constantly as she is right behind my couch when she is in her cage (2 hrs a day tops). Othwise, she is hanging out with me. She likes to mimic so she will probably be a big talker. Wish I knew what it was she mumbles when she decides she doesnt want to be bothered and turns her back to me. Not sure what it is but I dont think its too nice :wink:

She like to hang out in my ficus trees, is that a problem? We have really high ceilings and she likes to get up in the tress and play/sleep.
~ Mikaela Sky

peacefrog

Post by peacefrog »

My Irn also loves to hang out in the ficus tree. Picks the leaves off like crazy, it'll be a bare tree soon. He can be so sweet and calm, and then out of nowhere look out! He'll bite, and heaven forbid you try to eat. He takes it right out of your mouth. And the phone!!! He HATES it when I talk on the phone. I don't really talk much as I hate it too, but geez he 'bout rips my face off trying every time I'm on it. He loves the Great Scott perch, but he won't step up from it. I have to get him off and onto the floor, then he steps right up. I wonder if his biting is the bluffing stage? He's about 3 months old.
julie

Re: Weed...

Post by julie »

Mikaela wrote:Let me apologize in advance should this topic offend anyone. However, I am confiding in my new bird loving friends so I hope ya'll go easy on me. I love my baby and I want to keep her as safe as possible which is why I am even bringing this.

Not to worried about the FEDS considering how my hubby only has a few grams at a time *flips of the cyber surfing FEDS*

Here is my question: Do ringnecks have a thing for weed? Last night, India was determined to get the lid off of the little tupperware he keeps his weed in. I happened to look over and she looked at me like "where's the bonk ma!" Now, everytime he smokes, she follows him around begging for a taste, smell... something. He has nothing to do with her but now seems to have a crush on him for his product. He is pimping her to make HIM her choosen person! :shock:

Please know we would NEVER give her seeds (because I wouldnt A and B because hydroponic weed rarely has any seeds). We would never blow her a hit EVER no matter how badly she begs for it. She is like screw the spray millet... ya'll are holding out on the good stuff!

I always worried about my kids being pot heads, now I have to admit my baby India to Betty Ford.

Anyone else have any simular experiences? SHE LOVES EVERYTHING ABOUT WEED! Poor thing has an addictive personality. :(

Hubby says "fire it up' to her and she does this little suductive dance where she steps back and forth on her perch and stretches one leg and wing, then the other leg and wing. She moves her mouth too but nothing comes out. I have told him to stop saying that to her. The preacher will be here one day and she'll be asking him to "fire it up"! :roll:
I hope this isnt still going on
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

as long as your baby isnt getting any of the smoke i wouldnt worry bout it my sister had a budgie that that did the same thing would try steal anything associated with weed if left around my aunts princess parrot makes the noise of the water gurgling when she has a cone. i dont recommend letting anyone smoke weed smokes whatever any where it can waft back to them as it has adverse effects on humans so you could only imagine what it would do to a bird
Lene

Post by Lene »

I'm shocked!!! Do you let your kids have it as well?
Cheers

Lene
Donna

Post by Donna »

:D :D Hey Mik don't hold out pass it around please!!! :lol:

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

hello again lene first you attack me now mik who is asking for help not once did she say the bird gets any if your so self righteous why come on to a forum and read peoples questions when obviously you have nothing worth while to contribute did your parents never tell you if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. people like you make me angry :evil:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

C'mon Mik you have been around this board and IndianRingnecks long enough to know the answer to all of this already.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Donna

Post by Donna »

Kyria Miks post was made in 05 I think someone wanted to start trouble and bring it up now :cry: So sad

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

OK Guys, Locking this thread as it has potential to get ouit of hand.

The mods at IRN.com do not condone the use of drugs especially around birds.

Any further threads relating to this will be deleted
-Chamon-