new cage!new bird?

Moderator: Mods

riantango08

new cage!new bird?

Post by riantango08 »

i have just recently purchased a new cage for tango which is 3 times bigger than her last,i havent recieved it yet so i dont know how she"ll like it,but im sure she'll love it .

i would like to get another ringneck.we have the room and would love to have another fid.just a question if it is a good idea or not.

i did want to get an avairy and breed a couple of irns but decided that i enjoy there company so much i coudnt handle having them outside all day.(i"d be outside all day and get nothing done in the house,then Id be in trouble :lol: )

just want some feed back on whether it would be a good idea or not

thanks in advance
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Ooo lucky Tango!! :D

I can tell you.. 2 birds = double trouble! If you do decide to get another IRN, you probably wont know how Tango and the new birdy will react to one another, are you prepared to separate them if needed? Theres a strong chance they might not get along. Can you share your time equally with them both? Thats more attention they'll be craving from you.

One the other hand if they do get along, trust me as I found out.. 2 birdy brains work together as a team to make more mess, more noise, more distruction and definately more attitude. haha. Definately easier to handle only 1 bird, when they don't have another birdy friend egging them on and encouraging each other to cause mischief. :roll:

All in all, it could be an enemy for Tango, or a welcoming friend for Tango, you just dont know until they are face to face. Its great your having a think about it before you decide. :wink:

Jibby was 6 years old before we thought of another IRN. I think he would of fallen in love with any bird that came through our door. He seems very happy even though at times I do have to let them have their own time out from each other after a little quarrel, mostly over food and my attention. My 2 are fine playing together, but as soon as I'm handling one, the other gets jealous. Its like a juggling act with them. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
riantango08

Post by riantango08 »

thanks lauren for your advice
im a stay at home mum of a 2 yearold(which is a handful at times)
but i think i'd have enough love to go around for all!!
(including our rabbit(piggy),goat(oreo),hubby,son and a couple of birds).

i would seperate the birds for a while to see how they react and then gradually interact them together,
if they get along then that would be great.
they will b in seperate cages of a night time but as with tango she is allowed out of her cage all day and goes in at night when she feels like it.

if i got another one we have a big living area so if need be they will be
seperated.

im not going to jump into getting 1 but would really like to.
im an animal lover from way back and now that we have the room i would love to have the animals ive always wanted

l know my hubby and son would love another fid they enjoy tango so much we're usually arguing over who is gonna hold her,(but im usually her favourite)
so ill give it some thought and see how we go thanks again :D
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi

I have 8 birds, and I love every single one of them. They all get individual time with me, although the Corella needs more time than the others... I have the 2 ringnecks in cages beside each other, and they chat to each other, and when I have one of them out, they other calls to him.

I live alone, have adult children and grandchildren... My time is spent working and caring for the birds.

I think all my bird are happy - they're all next to or opposite each other, teaching each others bad habits as well as good ones. Even the conures don't make much noise.

If this note had noise with it, you wouldn't believe I even HAVE birds... lol
Cheers

Lene
bec

agreeing with lauren

Post by bec »

i agree with lauren make sure you have ample space to seperate them if need be i thought it would be wonderful to have 2 irns to keep easch other company when us mere humans are out at school or work but riku has become very possesive of the food!!!!! kieron is allowed to play with us all go in & out of rikus cage but not allowed to eat in there or to stand on the cage when rikus in her cage but during free fly time they are the best friends taking turns at dive bombing us and other such interesting games so we have a bit of both sides