Help please

Moderator: Mods

lutino

Help please

Post by lutino »

Hi everyone,
For the last 3 months lutino has been agreesive towards me. He/she is about 1yr 3months, and lunges at me and does this really nasty seagull growl, even if i just talk to him/her at times. I dont know what to do.
Maybe he/she is just territorial cos i cant touch his mirror either lol. He talks to it sweetly but then the eyes pin and he lunges and attacks his reflection too. The only time i can pat him is when he is really sleepy lol.
Any ideas? I do believe he maybe male. I know that he thinks he owns me!! :shock:
Bella

Post by Bella »

Do you have him/her out alot and what size is the cage? billy was like that until we got a much larger cage and got him out more.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Donna

Post by Donna »

This is just another phase your bird is going through. Try taking the mirror out for awhile to see if this calms your bird down. Also if you change his way of thinking that you own him and not the other way around the attitude may change.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Lene

Post by Lene »

He might think he's got a mate in the mirror, so I agree with Donna - try and take the mirror out.
Cheers

Lene
lutino

Post by lutino »

He is out of his cage pretty much all day. I have know idea how i can change his attitude though??? Im a uni student so im not there all the time so i leave the mirror cos it seems to keep him company lol
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

if he thinks it is a mate in the mirror he will not bond with you and that may be why he is aggressive it is recommended not to put mirrors in with certain breeds of birds.
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

i had to get bowls that my bird couldnt see through

its a she

and she used to lunge anytime i was in the cage she would lunge espiecially when i changed water and food
-Justin