New cage and play area for Gigi bird

Moderator: Mods

celtic_aura

New cage and play area for Gigi bird

Post by celtic_aura »

So we went ahead and ordered a new cage for Gigi bird. He's still in breeding mode and cracked the tray in his current house. We wanted to get something a bit bigger for him anyway. And we also ordered a play area for him. Both should be coming in the next week and I am so excited!

Here is a link to the cage http://www.elite-pets.com/A36.asp
and this is his play area http://www.elite-pets.com/E10.asp

I think he's going to love both.
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

I put the play area together and he's scared of it. LOL I am sure he will be scared of the cage to. Any ideas on how to get him not to be scared of his new home?
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Put it all next to his old cage and let him explore in his own time, dont force him in any way he will stay in there when he is happy, thats what i had to do with Amazon now he is happy with his big new cage, make sure you put some old toys from his old cage into the new cage so he has his things adn smells in a new cage adn put food water and treats in teh new cage aswell, it might take time but should come round to it.

Good luck
Sharlene and Amazon
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

It was way easier that I thougt! I got him on my shoulder and walked him over to the new cage. He looked at it for a few minutes, then climbed onto the side. Scrambled right in and went over to the dish I had filled with apples and clementines ( yes I bribed him with food). He's been in there ever since, exploring and getting used to the bars, which are spaced a bit closer than his old house. This morning he is pacing and screeching, trying to figure out the best way to get out and up onto the roof. :lol:
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Gigi bird LOVES his new digs. And it seems to have snapped him out of his crazy breeding/cage attachment stage. He's back to being his goofy self and now I can really start some training with him.