TALKING

Moderator: Mods

tat2edjenn

TALKING

Post by tat2edjenn »

WE JUST RECENTLY GOT OUR IRN 3 DAYS AGO, THE LADY WE GOT HIM FROM SAID HE WAS A YEAR OLD BUT I WAS TOLD HE WAS BETWEEN 2 AND 3 CAUSE OF HIS RING. I WAS WONDERING WHEN THEY START TALKING AND WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET THEM TALKING?? [img][img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/tat2edjenn/sam.jpg[/img][/img]
~~JENN AND SAM~~

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

cookie started talking at 7 months but not all ringnecks talk. talk to your bird often start with one word or phrase and repeat it to him he may learn to talk he may not
jobo2mi

Post by jobo2mi »

I've had Nala for almost a year now ... she is around 2 maybe 3 yrs old as far as i can tell ... and not a word from her! Four eggs last spring, but no words :wink: That's OK tho ... she is a lover bird even if she doesnt talk. I love her anyways :)
Joanne

and the fids -
Parakeets - Emma (RIP Bonnie & Clyde)
Tiels - Rosie, Howie
QP - Isis
Sun Conure - Precious
IRN - Nala
Caique - Timber
and the cat - BK
tat2edjenn

Post by tat2edjenn »

SAM ACTUALLY STARTED TALKING YESTERDAY. HE WHISTLED THEN SAID PRETTY BOY, AND I HAVE ONLY HAD HIM 4 DAYS, I JUST SAID IT TO HIM OVER AND OVER :D
~~JENN AND SAM~~

laine

Post by laine »

Smokey is now just over 2 years old. His speech is not clear. I know what he is trying to say but its not clear for a stranger. The only thing that is really clear is Pretty bird or Pretty boy and he loves to repeat the word pretty over and over. He can also say my boyfriends name well (brett, but its breeeeeeeet) He tries to say lots of other stuff and I hope in time it may become clearer. If not, it doesn't matter. I know what he's trying to say and its kind of cute. He has such an enormous personality that it doesn't really matter. He is so friendly, social and closely bonded to me its true love :D :D :wink: . When I am home and I leave the room, he calls out to me or he will follow me. I love it. I recently saw an indian ringneck with the most amazing clarity in his speech, however, he does not even step up for the owner and apparently bites alot. The bird comes out of the cage by himself and likes to stay on the top but the owner finds it hard to get him in the cage and has to do so by pushing her shoulder up to him to step up to then leaning to the cage door. I think if I had to choose between speech and the bonding/closeness, I would go the latter.
By the way, have you looked on youtube at some of the talking birds. Its awesome. Just type in talking birds in the youtube search, I end up spending too much time watching other people's birds but Smokey enjoys it just as much as I do. He gets all excited and wants the birds on the computer screen LOL
tat2edjenn

Post by tat2edjenn »

THANKS LAINE. SAM HAS STARTED TALKING HE SAYS PRETTY BOY, AND HELLO ALTOUGH HELLO IS NOT CLEAR, I CAN UNDERSTAND HIM, KIND OF LIKE WHEN MY DAUGHTER STARTED TALKING NO ONE UNDERSTOOD ER BUT MOMMY :lol: I HAVE LOOKED ON YOUTUBE AND I FIND IT AMAZING AT WHAT SOME OF THE IRNS DO AND SAY, AS A MATTER OF FACT SAM LOVES TO SIT WITH ME AT THE COMPUTER AND WATCH THE VIDEOS HE CALLS BACK AT THE BIRDS ON THE COMPUTER, THATS ONE OF HIS FAV THINGS, BESIDES, RIDING ON MY SHOULDER WHEN I VACCUM.
~~JENN AND SAM~~

Grelo

Post by Grelo »

Yes those parrots on youtube are amazing how they have such good speech.Mylo used to talk alittle(have a video )but she repeated it to much so l slowed it down by not repeating it and now she only talk's now and again :D like "Hello" "orwright" and whistle's like that"come over her"e and "whofle" whistles :D
Feather's are the best friend's