Help with cages

Moderator: Mods

Bella

Help with cages

Post by Bella »

Ive been looking at some much bigger cages than the one billy has now and i just wanted everyones opinion on if either of these two cages are subtible and which one would be best

http://www.petworlddirect.co.uk/acatalo ... 40NEW.html
Bar spacing is 27mm Height - 200 cm Length - 102 cm Width - 76 cm

and

http://www.petworlddirect.co.uk/acatalo ... _Cage.html
Bar spacing is 20mm Height - 165 cm Length - 93 cm Width - 69 cm
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

i vote the first one! :]
-Justin
Bella

Post by Bella »

Oliver and Justin wrote:i vote the first one! :]

i really like them both im just worried if i get the 1st one it will be far taller than me im only 5ft 3 lol so he can hide up there away from me :lol: the 2nd i could reach him just about lol :lol:
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

I like the second one. The gym on the lower part looks awesome. In fact, I think my hubby and I are going to save up and buy it!
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

i didnt see the play jim on the second one

I like that i think better than the first now
hehe
-Justin
Bella

Post by Bella »

yeah im leaning more towards the 2nd i think billy is having issues with his cage right now he hates going back in it i think its too small but its the one we bought him in and needed to save up for a nice big one for him and thats pretty cheap so as soon as i can its his :lol: And ive gotta get some cool ladders like you have in your cage and some ropes :D Maybe then he will be more keen on going back in
nil

Post by nil »

hi bella
i dont like the second one.
Irns love and use the upper side of their cages, so i am affraid that in secong cage your bird will limit in the right tall side.
the first is ok and both bar spacings are ok too
what about this?
http://www.24parrot.com/showimage.asp?i ... %20Colours)

i used to shop for my irns from uk ( via internet of coarse), usually from nothern parrots http://www.24parrot.com and also i use the last months a diet with supplements from bird care company http://www.birdcareco.com/
do you know them?
Bella

Post by Bella »

nil wrote:hi bella
Irns love and use the upper side of their cages, so i am affraid that in secong cage your bird will limit in the right tall side.
what about this?

i used to shop for my irns from uk ( via internet of coarse), usually from nothern parrots http://www.24parrot.com and also i use the last months a diet with supplements from bird care company http://www.birdcareco.com/
do you know them?

I do really like that cage only problem is i cant really afford £389.99 with a 5 and a half month boy too and those two cages i posted were only around £150. Ive not hear of seen the two websites you mentioned but ill have a good look now :D cheers
nil

Post by nil »

yes its really a big difference in price,
i vote first :)
Lene

Post by Lene »

nil wrote:hi bella
what about this?

I agree with Nil, the first one has more room, and I like that one the best for an IRN.

This cage you have a link to, Nil, I'm currently using for my Corella. I have been looking for a bigger cage for him for a while now, and yesterday I found one. It'll be delivered today, and Cory's old cage will be donated to Paulie. I hope they'll both be happy in their new homes.
Cheers

Lene
julie

Post by julie »

Last edited by julie on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i like the 2nd its so cool cookie only picks one point of the cage to sleep at anyway so having one high point wouldnt be too bad its a great cage so big
Lene

Post by Lene »

My new cage just arrived... It couldn't get in the front door, they had to take it through the sliding door at the back... and it only just fitted there.

It has a play area on top with two options... either a solid tray, which leaves little light in the cage, and no option to hang toys... or a grate, which I'll be using.

There's 4 food/water bowls in the actual cage and two bowls on the play area..

Cory doesn't want to know about his new cage, so I'm just going to leave it there next to his old cage to look at...

I'll post a photo is anyone is interested.
Cheers

Lene
skibum

Post by skibum »

Bella
I know what you are saying about the height of the cage in comparison to yourself. I mentioned the same to Ollie & Justin a few days ago when I saw Ollie's (sorry Justin, probably supposed to stick to Oliver (Osborne)) cage.

The cage I got Ziggy is quite high, lower than me (5'7" - that's me) when I am standing, (am a lot shorter lying down) but it also is actually a bit shorter as a lot of the height comes from its trolley which I take the cage off at night when I am sitting in front of the TV, therefore I am a lot lower.

Man, there are some fantastic cages!!

Actually I have a question myself. Mainly about bar sizes on the cages. Ziggy's is a big cage, but the wire bars are quite thin. Is that a problem? Max's (RIP - or LIF (live in fun))cage had thicker bars. Sort of 2mm compared to 5mm diameter bars.

Cheers
Stu
Ed Loschi

I vote for the first cage

Post by Ed Loschi »

I think the first cage is better, and I agree with Nil. The fids will naturally want to get to the top most part of the cage so they probably will ignore the porch play area which the second cage has.
Bella

Post by Bella »

Thanx everyone :D I wanna see your cage lene :) Im still leaning more towards the 2nd because he would love the play gym
nil

Post by nil »

here you can find only few cages like these, and are too expensive, maybe 1000 euro, and people prefer small and cheap ones.
I bought a cage for lazaro ( much biger, than pet shop suggest me) and is H60 W66 D45, cm

what do you beleive for its size?
http://www.fop.it/images/products/15270035.jpg
skibum

Post by skibum »

you're going to tell us something hideously expensive - here in NZ you'd probably pay $150 at the most (unless someone is ripping you off) - somewhere around 90 Euros...
nil

Post by nil »

The above cage that i have with its base cost me about 180 euro, and isnt something special.
i think big parrot cages are too expensive here because only few serious people have parrots.
There isnt any irns breeder here and at pet shops buy import, no handfeeding and tame males irns . It is extremely difficult to find females in the market. I bought my females directly from holland.
Melika

Post by Melika »

I vote number one as well.

Hane uses every inch of his cage, which is rather large, lol. Both our birds have the same cage and love their space. Not to mention there's a ton of room for toys with a dometop!

I have the same issue with height, but as long as Hane doesn't get on top of the outside of the cage, I can reach him just fine. If he does manage to get on top, I sit on the floor and play with something until he comes down to me (and he will if I'm playing with something- he wants it too!). No chasing games here!

I really do wish we used metric over here... so much easier. *brain hurts from conversions* Tens. TENS- makes sense!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
inept

Post by inept »

Is 27mm not too wide a bar-spacing for an IRN? That's big bird spacing, suitable for a macaw or a cockatoo. The 20mm spacing is much better suited to an IRN.
Melika

Post by Melika »

inept wrote:Is 27mm not too wide a bar-spacing for an IRN? That's big bird spacing, suitable for a macaw or a cockatoo. The 20mm spacing is much better suited to an IRN.

:? Actually, that's right. 27mm is roughly an inch, isn't it. That's too big. Stick with something 3/4" which would be the second cage.

>.< Sorry no one caught that sooner.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
mihai

Post by mihai »

i love second :D
mihai

Post by mihai »

hey how much is seconD?