Sleep

Moderator: Mods

Baz

Sleep

Post by Baz »

I was just wondering if any one has any ideas of the best ways for ringnecks to sleep. Blanket over cage? or not? Silent at nght? or leave a radio playing? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you :P
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i cover cookie otherwise he doesnt sleep well wakes up with blood shot eyes and is really cranky. i dont leave anything on if we watch tv to loud he growls at us :lol:
Donna

Post by Donna »

Birds require at least 8 to 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night. It's really up to the bird if they like to be covered at night. I don't cover any of my birds the larger ones usually have it all pulled in their cage by morning any way :? IRN's and cockatiels have night frights and sometimes prefer to be covered.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Baz

Post by Baz »

Thanks guys
neilm

Post by neilm »

I cover the top half of cage so that when day light appears it gradually wakes Kiwi and Peach. I also keep noise levels to a low if any at all.
nil

Post by nil »

birds need silence and dark in the night for sleeping, if you havent any dark and silent place in your house you must use a dark color blanket over cage and as much as you can silent.
julie

Post by julie »

be careful with putting things over the cage because some things can be ingested by the birds and make them sick.