Please note, there is not longer instant registration. All new users will need to request membership by registering first. Once registered, I'll contact you with further details to be approved. Spammers have hindered our wonderful little community here, for this reason, I had to remove instant membership access until the problem can be solved. Best wishes, IMRAN-C

Skin Peeling on Foot?

Moderator: Mods

HorseCrazyAshay

Skin Peeling on Foot?

Post by HorseCrazyAshay » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:44 am

Alrighty. Just a while ago, I was looking at Nippy and noticed that the skin on one of her claws/feet was sort of peeling off; the kind of peeling you might see on your own hand. The rough part was peeling off and underneath it the foot is peach-colored. Nippy was showing a slight discomfort, resting with the foot up and softly preening the hanging skin.

I wanted to ask if this is anything serious, or should we leave it to heal back itself? And is there a specific reason for this happening? I'd noticed that the pine-tree branches that I'd put in were a tad sharp and rough, so I tried shaving off the spiky part and wrapping is with tape as to not let it be uncomfortable. :?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D

sanjays mummi

Re: Skin Peeling on Foot?

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:25 pm

He needs a veterinary check up to rule out Scaly Foot.

MissK

Re: Skin Peeling on Foot?

Post by MissK » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Vet can also help if medicine is needed to combat or prevent infection. Bird foot problems can be much more serious than you might think.
-MissK