Ringing out...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Ringing out...

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Yall!

I have an 'off' question:

Baby is 2.5 and his ring came in nicely... but only the black and the shimmer of blue. He only has very few red spots.

Will his red ring out over the months to come? Or do they get the rest of their ring during their next molt?

The ring is there, intact... except for the red. It only shows in very small dots and doesnt seem to be spreading.

Little lost and confused on this. First ringneck and I am seeing, we never know it all and learn about these majectic creatures everyday.

This has me baffled though. As I said... the black is there and complete, as is the blue shimmer on top of his head but the red is only in small dots. What the freak :?:

This link will show you my Baby and how he is ringing out. He isnt due for a molt until spring, I believe?

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4757

Thank you all for any replies! I watch the board often but dont add much. I still havent learned to sugar-coat and doubt I ever will so I just watch... knowing someone always helps with any questions or concerns. That someone doesnt have to be me anymore and I find it more fun to watch and learn!
~ Mikaela Sky

Donna

Post by Donna »

Hey Mik :) Yes give it a few more months it will come in, Tango was 3 before his became a full ring. Tango now has a girl friend and we are hoping for little Tango's around Feb. 8)

Good to see ya!!

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
julie

Post by julie »

I think it depends on the bird. Indies ring is still not complete, he has all the white and the red starts from the back and finishes just under his beak. He doesn't have the part where it is the most black on baby yet.Indies ring started the 22nd nov 2005.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thanks ladies... I was like wtfrig?

I suppose with these rug rats we are always learning something new.

I can rest now... I just thought it started and progressed. I was beginning to think he was a freak case of a female having a partial ring. :roll:

I silly girl! :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

girl you are silly!!!!! 8)

you know as well as i do that Baby is a boy!!!! I remember that Lou's came in weird, i kept thinking that apparently one morning we'd wake up and lou'd would have a full ring. oy what do i know. lol :roll: Miss ya girl.
~the stubborn one~
julie

Post by julie »

I have noticed that depending on the colour of the bird, the ring starts from different spots. eg, indies (lutino) started from a little tiny red spot at the back, but greens ect start from under the beak. So you would be right to think something was weird if you have seen the other rings that look full.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

as far as I am concerned it doesn't look anything like a partial ring to me. The initial main ring comes in first, but I think the fine tuning of colour and depth of colour takes quite a few molts. All is well darlin.

Every bird is different, some have thicker rings than others. Some ring in early, others late, some show alot of black and not much colour, others show thin black and alot of colour. I have even seen one green with thick black, thin blue and thin red, very distinct three colour ring.

My lutino Jordan, has his red ring in, his came in extremely early around 16 months. He has had two molts since and the red is getting fuller each time, he also has a lovely shading of white along with it, more than any other lutino I have seen.

:wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

kyria wrote:I have even seen one green with thick black, thin blue and thin red, very distinct three colour ring.

*That* is so how Baby's ring is... three bold colors but only here and there. He needs to show me how pretty he is! Little Brat! :lol:

I changed his food due to working out of town so much. His brother (my oldest) only gave him pellets, treats and water 3 days a week. That might be why? Its all my fault. Over-Look me today... need something to worry and feel bad about and this is the best I can do today! :?
~ Mikaela Sky