The Evil Eye...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

The Evil Eye...

Post by Mikaela »

Baby responds to my 'evil eye'... or am I a nut?

I dont use verbal responses to being a bad boy, like saying no or what-not. I usually seperate Baby from Peaches when he is being bad and that just kills him.

He equates being put on a different stand from Peaches as punishment. Great! Timeouts for these chickies 'aint' a bad thing. They will otherwise run all over you like a MAC truck.

Well, last week Baby wasnt being good about staying on his stand. This is COMPLETELY UNACEEPTABLE. I began picking him up and looking at him very mean and hateful then without words immediately placing him on his stand.

Its worked. He is now as good as ever about never getting off. He is trying me BAD now that he is mature. Exactly like a teen... no different at all or in the least.

Now, if he wont stop messing with Peaches (so rarely but I am doing test trials)... I look at him as hateful as I possibly can and he bows his little head, bless his heart. Then, he looks at me without those mean pin eyes but with those black mouse eyes and goes totally submissive.

Am I on to something or is this not good for any reason?

I know when he looks at me hateful, he now knows when I do it. Is this a good method of training or will it have negative results?

Im telling you... he KNOWS and goes into complete babyhood submission.
~ Mikaela Sky

Donna

Post by Donna »

Mik It's exactly what all your bird behaviorist experts say to do. Birds hate the evil eye.

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

my fiancee gives me the evil eye too and it works lmao so id say your onto somthing good the evil eye works with anything not just your bird lol
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Women are so good at the 'evil eye'. So much power in the eyes! :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

"Evil eye" not me... I am sweet and innocent :twisted: Works a treat!! :wink:
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Y'all look out now .. I'm watching you !

Well done Mik .. on finding something that works .. run with it ;)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yay! Thanks!

It breaks his cocky arse down like a shotgun! He goes from bad boy to love, love... head bowed. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Well considering in the wild birds deal not with words so much as body language. Yes they look at how we act and how we use our body's for cues. 'Evil eyes' are something they notice right away...and Prinny has one mean evil little eye when he wants it to be.

Dani
Milamber3790

Post by Milamber3790 »

this isnt the evil eye. but it's a teknique i use to stop him gettin agro. he gets his pin eyes and stuff. wat i do is i pat him, like rub his head for a while and he growls and sorta sits quietly while i pat him. he dosnt bite or anything and i see that as a bonus. but am i rewarding bad behaviour?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I have to admit I have done this too. :oops: But I am unsure whether this is rewarding bad behaviour. Sometimes I just have to be pushy with Jibby to get a cuddle or a scritchie. He gives me the grumpy evil face like 'leave me alone woman!' But I want to pet him! aaand I will! aaand he gives in.:twisted:

Sometimes you just have to read their body language to understand whether they are being stubborn and telling you to 'go away' or just 'out to kill you'. :lol:
Milamber3790

Post by Milamber3790 »

Oh he's definitly out to kill me. i know that for sure! he's tried to slit my throat, eat my eyes, bite my tongue, turn my fingers into mince meat... if that dusnt mean "i'm out to kill you" then his body language is realy stuffed up.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Well, I would definately not give Jaws attention when hes doing this! Giving him a pat is like saying its ok to eat me, bite me, mince me.. this is how they 'own' you and you end up having a nasty bird that gets away with murder. :wink:

Jibby just growls and pins. He thinks hes tough and he can just give me the evil eye and that will stop me. Nah uh! Hes like 'Oh no, here she comes again wanting more cuddles :roll:' Smothered with love!
Milamber3790

Post by Milamber3790 »

is this a phase he'll grow out of? or am i doing something wrong? or is it just a 6 month long bluffing?