chaotic

Moderator: Mods

lutino

chaotic

Post by lutino »

For the last couple of weeks Lutino has been acting abit odd :? He/she will just be sitting there, and all of a sudden he/she will flap his/her wings really fast and run around,and just go chaotic! Ive seen this about once a day. He/she flaps the wings so hard that all his/her seed goes flying everywhere. Then after a minute he/she lets out a couple of squarks, then is calm again :? Its kinda weird.
Anyone seen this behaviour before?
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Gelly likes to flap her wings and make a mess for no particular reason that I can tell. The tiels do it all the time, but she just does it now & again. Always just figured she was blowing off steam -- doesn't seem grumpy or upset before or after these little "explosions"
MCS
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

cookie does flap like crazy at least once a day i just figured he was exercising his wings
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yep, Yoda does this too. My belief is they are just stretching and getting some exercise. Jibby doesnt do this but I think he gets enough exercise flying around. Maybe its a clipped bird thing? Not sure.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby holds on tight to a branch and flaps his wings really hard. I just assumed he was bulding his strength :?:

I suppose they all do it. Baby doesnt act chaotic or freaked out though. Does your bird? He just hangs on tight and flaps.... pauses... flaps and always seeme chiper when doing it. :P
~ Mikaela Sky

lutino

Post by lutino »

He/she seems a little freaked during it, but is perfectly fine before and after lol. Yea, probably normal, its just a recent thing thats all.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Are you in the States? Baby is more active right now during molting season. They are little freaks, as long as he is fine before and after, I wouldnt sweat it.

Baby gets aggressive and kicks the crap out of everything on his stand so I relate to what you mean. :lol:

If youre in the states, that might account for it a bit. I know mine are more 'chaotic' right now... even my tiel. She sings most all day now. Very rare for her.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Prinny does it too...think she is just working herself out...flaps really hard but doesn't let go of the branch...just getting those muscles of hers working. Though when she does it, all the squawking she does starts everyone else up :roll:

Dani
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

Amazon does this behaviour too, i think he is just strenghting his wings or seeing if he can fly before he lets go, it is funny to watch at times:)
Adam and Dude