Cant get Datsun off my mind; Noticed something with him

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Cant get Datsun off my mind; Noticed something with him

Post by Mikaela »

I think about ol Dats all the time now. Such a precious soul and the news of the seizures breaks me into tears. I want to get to the bottom of this if the vets cant and I keep thinking:

Datsun has always preferred to keep his feathers puffed up, thereby being extremely adorable. BUT... all the ringnecks I ever see only does that for a very short time, while preening for example.

Otherwise, a ringneck holds their feathers very tight to their body making them look streamline and mean, Datsun doesnt look mean at all. He looks lovable, puffy and just a lil different some how. Cuter.

But as I think of this and picture him in my head, this keeps coming up. I want everything across the board to be considered with Dats, hes the mascot! He is sooo loved.

Am I the only one thats noticed this in Dats? Is it as uncommon as I think for them to like to be puffey? I just have these thoughts in my head and need to share them thinking maybe I picked up on something which could explain whats going on. And make is stop.

Yall notice that with Datsun? Could that be a culprit? I would hate to think I am sitting here thinking about something a lot that others close to the baby might not notice. I just want him better and my hands are tied :!:

Chamon I hope with all my might this post doesnt bother you or upset you but I couldnt hold it in any longer... what if thats a sign? A path to explore? I just want him better. I love yalls birds. Spent every day of my life with them for over two yrs.

Love naturally exists over time... if you're human. Im emotional addressing this but feel I MUST.
~ Mikaela Sky

julie

Post by julie »

I have a couple of irns that are puffed up more than usual, the blue male will be all thin and dancing one minute and within seconds he is all puffed up again and generally stays like that. I have a feeling that it is pretty cold in Newzealand too, that may have something to do with it?
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

We all understand your concern darlin and its good to voice anything that may help, with thoughts on what is going on with D. I too think of D as a fluffly little cutie pie, he is our little darlin, but then again I too have seen a few that are like that. It is hard for all of us wondering what is going on and not being able to do anything to help, not even just go to be able to go over and have a coffee and give Chamon a hug.

Just keep the prayers going, we all love you guys.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

All I know is I just keeping hoping for the best for little D.

we're not vets.

All I can say is if you bird isn't acting 'right' it's time for a vet check...

Dani
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Every thought and concern is a good one in my books. No good keeping a concern to yourself only to find out later that if you had of mentioned it so that people took notice it might have saved alot of time and problems. Especially with this family, we all care and talk and discuss every issue from puffiness down to eating poop ! lol :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww lil Dats is our mascot over here. He does look so irresistibly lovable! The puff might just be an individual thing or the cold weather. But as Angie said, we could be wrong! Always worth saying something even if you think its silly. Big *Hugs* for Chamon. Lets hope lil Dats is Ookay.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
WasasMum

Post by WasasMum »

Mikaela I think it is a beautiful thing that you made that post.
My little Wasa is usually always puffed up, he is most puffy when he is having a big ole smooch, I always kind of thought of it is a sign of contentment. Maybe I am wrong.
I really just wanted to congratulate you for being such a considerate caring person.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Thank you guys so much for your concern. We love that about you all and are so appreciative of all the support.

Datsun does "puff" himself up a bit, not abnormally so in my opinion as 90% of the time he is slender and sleek but he does go all cutesy and puffy when I use a certain tone of voice and becomes my little smoochy monster. You probably do see him puffed more because I generally take photos outside.

He has been shivering a bit as of late which does concern me hugely and also he is flicking his wings which again I am not happy with, my vet is kept well aware of all this and he also observed D for almost a week. We are planning for more tests in 2 weeks time when he has settled with his Harrissons diet and see if we can see anything else.

And oh my!!! it is freezing here at the moment Julie, not as cold as it is where you are but crikey its been "chilly on the willy" for the last few days.

**taps foot and waits impatiently for Angie to show up with coffee**
-Chamon-

julie

Post by julie »

Datsun and Family wrote:And oh my!!! it is freezing here at the moment Julie, not as cold as it is where you are but crikey its been "chilly on the willy" for the last few days.

**taps foot and waits impatiently for Angie to show up with coffee**

Ok now I have to clean the computer screen, had a mouthful of drink just as I read that.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

lol I'm sorry Julie!
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

<action> Grabs a cloth and a hot cup a jo, runs by julies place and wipes her monitor, heads over to Chamons with the jo, hands her the cup and whispers in her ear, "when you say willy, make sure nobody is drinking at their puter darlin". :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Awww so the puffy is him playing into your tone! Its so cute and unique to me because Baby is always so tight. Baby looks puffy when he sleeps, like Datsun but thats about the only time.

I wanted to throw it out there, like angie said who knows?
~ Mikaela Sky