need advice

Moderator: Mods

alana8819

need advice

Post by alana8819 »

hi all quick question we are moving in two weeks about 30 kms away how would be best to transport cookie just in his cage or something else? also how can i help him adapt to the new place will he get freaked out? any advice will be greatly appreciated would of asked sooner but just made the decision about 10 seconds ago :shock:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Congradulations on the new place! Have you got a carry cage? Or just a small cage. If cookie is a little stressed in the car, you could cover the cage for the drive. Cookie should be fine as its not a long distance. :wink:

We've moved Jibby into 4 new homes. He seemed fine with it. I usually just let him explore on his own to check things out. He also loves car rides. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

nah just his big cage he has gone in the big cage in the car for 5 mins b4 he seems to enjoy the car but i cover him just to be safe. the road is fairly bumpy so should i take everything out of the cage?
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

He would be safer in a small cage (cat carrier) or if all else fails a box with holes than his big cage in the car as if he gets scared he could bash himself about and hurt himself.

I have moved Datsun about 5 times in his 3 years and he has been fine, I just make sure his cage getting set up is my first priority and then at least he has something familiar.

Good luck with the move
-Chamon-

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

thanks i'll go get a smaller cage to transport him in.