Babies that are the colour Common Green

Moderator: Mods

Gemstone

Babies that are the colour Common Green

Post by Gemstone »

Amazon we were told is a comoon green clolour we love his colour but what i want to know does the common green colour get blue on the wings like the tail, i watched him today and say shades of blue thought his wings.

Is he common green or a different colour

Here is a photo of his wings not sure if you can see what i see but if you can please comment.

Adam and Dude
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I think normal greens get a blueish tinge to the tail and top of the head around the ring. Jibby has a blueish tinge to the 2 longest tail feathers and top of head. In some light his tail looks more turquoise. But hes normal green. He only got this in the last 2 years and hes 7 years old in September.
Tail..
Head..

Maybe Jay can help you?
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

cool thanks, yea Amaozn has two longest tail feathers blue and just some of the wing feathers but yea hopefully someone can answer it, im not worried bout it just interested
Adam and Dude
Jay

Post by Jay »

Normal Greens have their center tail feathers colored Blue and the Bluish sheen all over the body, as mentioned by Lauren on the nape, as well as the rump and wing area are but natural but varies from bird to bird.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Yup, in some lights Dats has a stunning blue glowing sheen all over, its so cool! But he too is a 'normal' green.. BEEEEEautiful
-Chamon-

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

thanks guys for that, i wasnt concerned as such just wanted to know if thta was his colour or was he a different colour, good to know i have my beatiful normal green
Adam and Dude
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Bunches of blue sheen here too! The longest tail feathers are entirely blue. I dont know what it is about the greens... I just love them!

Even over the voilets and all of the exotic mutations. :shock:

They are all beautiful! But to me, they are suppose to be green lol. Imma silly girl!
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Its almost like chameleon paint! :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
julie

Post by julie »

He looks like my normal green too.Some of the colours can be confusing sometimes eg my new girl is a pastel blue but she is green to look at.
Here is a pic of my norm green with my cinnamon.