Jade isn't what we think she is.....

Moderator: Mods

Peanut

Jade isn't what we think she is.....

Post by Peanut »

When we bought Jade from the pet store up the road, they told us she was a Yellow Nape Amazon. HA! Well, why does she have blue feathers coming in on her head then? Yellow napes do not get any blue if I am correct? Maybe she got mixed up, because I think we have a Blue Front Amazon.. It doesn't matter, but I would like to know what she is! Anybody have any advice on blue feathers and if she may be a blue front? I looked on google, but I really didn't find any information... Im stumped. :shock: I think she has us fooled. The pics I looked up with the Blue Front amazon's, their blue feathers came in when they were little. Jade has not only one, but several blue as well as yellow feathers. Help? :?: :?: :?: :shock:
julie

Post by julie »

Im not too sure about the amazons but I did find a site that has a little bit of info on the mutations.http://www.hillcountryaviaries.com/color_mutations.htm
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:shock: I wish I knew enough about amazons. Gosh, what a shock that must of been.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Nope...she is a yellow naped. Blue fronts have a yellow patch along with the blue on the front of their faces...yellow napes can have blue feathers too...zons can be so confusing! :roll:

Dani
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

Really? Im glad we know now. I thought the pet store got her mixed up or something and we got the wrong baby from the breeder! :oops: Her whole nape on the top of her head is blue though. And there is only one little yellow feather. She is so confusing to me! :shock: